What's new

Dr. Who, Series 2, Has forced Commercials (1 Viewer)

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I just wanted to pass along that I finally got the first disc of Dr. Who, Series 2, from Netflix. This took forever due to the major error they had when the discs were produced.

My joy of finally getting to see the second season was soon dashed as I was forced to watch a commercial for the first season and a commercial for BBC America. There was no stopping, FF or skip allowed. I couldnt even hit the menu button. It took 4 minutes before I could start an episode.

I was on the fence about buying the first two seasons due to how much they are charging. But I certainly am not going to pay twice as much and still be forced to watch commericals.

Thank god for rentals!!!

AppleSpider

Agent
Real Name
Steve
Well, I just checked my purchased copy and there were no issues with skipping the intros. Perhaps it's only the rental discs that aren't skippable. Thank God for purchases!!!

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Same here. Good show, great set. The intros are also on all the new releases of classic Dr. Who BTW, and i have always been able to skip them.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Maybe when they re-made the dvds for Netflix they made this change.

I am not willing to pay $70 for 15 episodes for this show, or any show. I am stuck renting these.

Clay_E

Second Unit
That's still not as bad as most HBO shows, which are around $100 for 12 or 13 episodes. Besides, thus far, Doctor Who has been well worth it...

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
And series 1 has been price-dropped to $58.88, so expect series 2 to get a similar price drop by next year (series 1 is even cheaper if you buy the extra-less version that came out in four individual volumes with the 2.0 sound mix, 13.24 each).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks