What's new
  • Announcing New Ownership at Home Theater Forum. Learn More

Dr Who- Key to Time Set Problem With Toshiba (1 Viewer)

Kevin McCorry

Stunt Coordinator
Disc 3 of the Dr. Who Key to Time set, "The Stones of Blood", won't play on my Toshiba 5109. It only goes as
far as the BBC logo and then freezes. This disc, however,
does play on my Malata. So far, "Power of Kroll" and "The
Armageddon Factor" have played without problems.

Kevin McCorry

Stunt Coordinator
Update.

"The Ribos Operation", "Pirate Planet", and "The Stones of
Blood" all quit on my Toshiba after the BBC logo but play
fine on my Malata. Were they all Region 2 encoded by
accident?

Terry Hickey

Second Unit
Real Name
Terry Hickey
You're lucky that you got 2 of them to play. I couldn't get any of the 6 discs to play on my Toshiba, but they played fine on my Sony and Aiwa portable. On the Toshiba, they played the Warner and BBC logos and then froze with diffent title numbers showing, so tried to change to a different title number, no luck and eventually "check disc" came up. My Toshiba played the other Doctor Who titles without any problems except the "Key to Time" box set. Maybe the Toshiba player is having a problem reading the silver coated disc because the others were gold layered. I am thinking that the box set is dual layered, but using the silver (or whatever it is called) instead of the gold.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Zero problems here on the Panasonic A120, the Mintek 1600 or the Mintek 2110. All 6 discs worked fine on the PC, too. Of course, I merely played each for a minute, to ensure that the discs seemed to work. I didn't have time to fully watch 633 minutes yet!

Sounds like a Toshiba-based issue?...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MJL
Recent bookmarks