What's new

Dr. No (1962) (1 Viewer)

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
My local Regal cinema will be showing Dr No (60th Anniversary) next Sunday. The BFI showing in the UK was 4K, so I'm assuming the Regal will be too. Has anyone seen the 4K in a cinema and can comment on picture quality?

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
My local Regal cinema will be showing Dr No (60th Anniversary) next Sunday. The BFI showing in the UK was 4K, so I'm assuming the Regal will be too. Has anyone seen the 4K in a cinema and can comment on picture quality?
Park circus has provided the 4k transfer but Fathom showings will be at dvd level..

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
Park circus has provided the 4k transfer but Fathom showings will be at dvd level..

Thanks. This mentions Park Circus & Fathom, has anyone seen this a cinema?

sultan of cinema

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joseph Barrett
Just watched From Russia With Love on Amazon Prime and it looked stupendous. Beats the heck out of anything issued to date on bluray or DVD. Reminded me of a screening I had of Cubby Broccoli's private print (along with Dr. No) many decades ago! This is the way to watch Dr. No.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I was going to go see Dr. No on the big screen, but I checked and tickets are $16 (!) each, meaning that I could practically buy the new Dr. No steelbook for the price of a ticket. Add to that that the US showings are DVD quality, and I'm out. For a family of 4, that's $64 to see a movie we've all seen. (For The Wrath of Khan, tickets are only $13.)

The early Bond films on blu-ray are some of the best-looking HD transfers I have ever seen. I was looking forward to seeing them in 4k on the big screen, but I'm not traveling to England for the privilege. I will be happy with my 1080p disc projected on a 108" screen.

This is a big swing and a miss for the Bond films.

sultan of cinema

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joseph Barrett
I paid $16.00 for White Christmas a decade ago. Presentation was soft, sometimes slightly blurry and they cut off the Paramount logo! The sound was incredibly low. After my very dark Fathom screenings of The Birds and Bullitt, no more Fathom events for me. Especially when it comes to Bond, James Bond.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Just got out of the Fathom Event. Picture looked closer to a Blu-Ray than it did to a DVD. After they showed a featurette on Daniel Craig's tenure of Bond that did look like it was from a DVD and it even had footage from a movie that came out less than a year ago.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Just got out of the Fathom Event. Picture looked closer to a Blu-Ray than it did to a DVD. After they showed a featurette on Daniel Craig's tenure of Bond that did look like it was from a DVD and it even had footage from a movie that came out less than a year ago.
How was attendance?

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
1661410941717.png

sultan of cinema

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joseph Barrett
One of my friends attended the Fathom Dr. No screenings in Florida Sunday, one at 3PM and the other at 7PM. There were three for 3PM and 8 for 7PM. He asked the manager if any more films were scheduled and the manager asked him " whadda you think'? He didn't think it looked bad (the 4k as he calls it VDI) and it seems that no more at this time will be scheduled. Charlotte , NC is continuing with their next screening of Goldfinger.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
One of my friends attended the Fathom Dr. No screenings in Florida Sunday, one at 3PM and the other at 7PM. There were three for 3PM and 8 for 7PM. He asked the manager if any more films were scheduled and the manager asked him " whadda you think'? He didn't think it looked bad (the 4k as he calls it VDI) and it seems that no more at this time will be scheduled. Charlotte , NC is continuing with their next screening of Goldfinger.
I hope more 007 screenings will come but I think this is it unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks