What's new

Dr. Kildare and Ben Casey (1 Viewer)

jperez

Second Unit
Real Name
jorge perez
Both the Kildare and Ben Casey versions available through Amazon are called COLLECTORS EDITION, and use the same format as the Stoney Burke 15 episode package, and the two The Rogues 10 episodes packages. They seem to have been around for a while -they have three Casey sets of 20 episodes each, and the last one came out in 2008, if I'm not mistaken. If they are in fact bootlegs, they're done very professionally.

PatrickGoodluck

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Patrick
Neil Brock said:
Just updating this information. I now know that when Warner bought/merged with Turner, some of the tape transfers went missing in the process and there are gaps in shows. So should they do anything with Kildare, they would likely be striking new masters rather than going with the 1-inch tapes from the 80s.
I guess this would explain why Turner South skipped episodes during its rebroadcasting of the B&W episodes. The color shows turned up in Tasmania, Australia in the early 90's which was great - even though the film prints were quite worn. However, it wasn't a complete run. The last few episodes were rebroadcast on Nick at Nite in Oz in the late 90's I recall. Would be amazing to see new masters of the last season but I think that would be a long wait!

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
PatrickGoodluck said:
I guess this would explain why Turner South skipped episodes during its rebroadcasting of the B&W episodes. The color shows turned up in Tasmania, Australia in the early 90's which was great - even though the film prints were quite worn. However, it wasn't a complete run. The last few episodes were rebroadcast on Nick at Nite in Oz in the late 90's I recall. Would be amazing to see new masters of the last season but I think that would be a long wait!
Turner/Warner didn't own the last season color shows. Those stayed with NBC and were syndicated by Republic. As for Turner South, at that point before the merger, all of the show transfers probably were around. Its only after the merger that things may have gotten misplaced.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
jperez said:
Both the Kildare and Ben Casey versions available through Amazon are called COLLECTORS EDITION, and use the same format as the Stoney Burke 15 episode package, and the two The Rogues 10 episodes packages. They seem to have been around for a while -they have three Casey sets of 20 episodes each, and the last one came out in 2008, if I'm not mistaken. If they are in fact bootlegs, they're done very professionally.
The only legitimate release on any of the shows you mention is the 20-episode Rogues set that came out in Germany. All of the others are bootlegs.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Jack P said:
What are the specs on that Rogues set? English tracks there?
Yes, according to the Amazon Germany site. And actually, I wouldn't even say for sure that that set is legitimate. It may or may not be. Because I have a feeling that some of these rare sets coming out over there, like Run Buddy Run and Pistol and Petticoats are being culled from other sources besides original studio elements. I would think that if the releases were legit then they wouldn't be missing episodes of the shows.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
That would stop me from getting it if it weren't official. It has to be good quality or I might as well just stick with the boots of a few episodes I got elsewhere (the guest shot of Suzy Parker being the one episode I would really like a good quality version of).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks