Dr. Bach's Flower Essence - experiences?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by MarkHastings, Apr 15, 2004.

1. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

I was just informed of this product. It's a tincture of 5 flower essences. You take 4 drops of this liquid (either on your tongue or mixed in water) and it's supposed to help reduce stress.

It's supposedly useful for children and animals so it's obviously safe. I just got mine last night and started using it. Has anyone else used it?

I'm researching it and trying to find any side effects, but it seems fairly "all natural".

The only thing is, it's smells like alcohol. [​IMG] My office now smells like a bar [​IMG]

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Erm, sounds like an oral version of so-called "aroma therapy." Whatever "soothing" or "reduction of stress" you experience comes from your own belief that it will occur. Psychology is the "active ingredient" here.

3. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

Normally I'd say that too, but the one thing that's got me rethinking is the fact that they say it works on animals.

They say you can tone down a 'wild' dog with this stuff. Now I can't imagine it working psychologically with a dog.