1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

DPLII Analog or Digital Connection Question for HK520

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by KevinO, Dec 20, 2002.

1. KevinO

KevinO Stunt Coordinator

Hi all, I just purchased an HK 520, and have a question. When playing older DVD's with no discrete 5.1 track, I definitely want to take advantage of DPLII. My question concerns the optimal connection to use. Should I use the digial or analog connections? According to the HK manual I should change a setting or two for DPLII (apparently the surround delay should be set different from DD). The problem is, when I use the digital connection the receiver uses the 5.1 delay and level settings. The way I understand it, this means I MUST use the analog connections to set these settings to different values from 5.1. Am I correct? Thanks.

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Two ways to do it: 1) Use the DD settings or 2) use a different analog input, if available, for those which are not multi-channel encoded.

The "delay" setting does not apply to DD/DTS. What is recorded, is what you get. The settings which apply to DD/DTS are distance, level, and (if equiped) x-over. DPL/PL II and other DSP type modes use the delay setting.

3. KevinO

KevinO Stunt Coordinator

I realized I should use another input soon after posting. Thanks for the response.