Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Matt Hough submitted a new blog post

Downton Abbey (2019) Blu-ray Review
dabbeytop.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Thanks for a great review, Matt!

I'm looking forward to revisiting this one at home since, when I saw it in the movies (reserved seats at Cinemark) I was in the throes of the first, excruciating toothache of my life. I could barely hear the dialogue over the throbbing pain so it didn't make me all that susceptible to its charms at the time!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Terrific review, Matt! I saw this in the theatre and loved it. I bought the 4K digital from iTunes and watched it last night... it looks gorgeous! I wish a 4K Blu-ray had been released.
You and me both!
Thanks for a great review, Matt!

I'm looking forward to revisiting this one at home since, when I saw it in the movies (reserved seats at Cinemark) I was in the throes of the first, excruciating toothache of my life. I could barely hear the dialogue over the throbbing pain so it didn't make me all that susceptible to its charms at the time!
I feel sure the second time will be the charm.

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
Saw it twice at our new Regal Essex In NYC which has a full bar and has replace my appetite for popcorn for some reason. Someone brought and popped open some bubbly as soon as the titles rolled. Everyone cheered! Both times the audience broke out in applause at the end.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I saw the streaming version here recently on a trusty 55 inch LG 4K TV, and...

taking it theatrical changed the look of everything.

I mean, after coming off of six seasons of 1.85 and TV production, the bigtime thee-atrical film production in 2.39 really changed the look of everything.

Not saying that was bad or anything, but it was a big leap, especially if you watch the show in preparation for the movie and go from TV to film back to back.

As for the film itself, loved it, hope to see a sequel following up on the threads that were laid down.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The film did well enough (not a blockbuster but respectable grosses) to warrant another one if they can round the majority of the actors up again.

OLDTIMER

Second Unit
Real Name
Ken S-B
The DVD and Blu-ray have just been released in Australia. (No 4K yet.) Watched the Blu last night. Picture and sound quality excellent - as reported above.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know if a 4K disc is coming?

Seems unlikely based on Uni's track record.

I know we've gotten a few 4Ks released after the BD was already on shelves, but those are pretty rare, and I'm not sure if Uni has done any of those.

My gut says no 4K disc for this one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks