Downsizing HT. Need your suggestions...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jim A. Banville, Dec 16, 2002.

1. Jim A. Banville

Jim A. Banville Supporting Actor

I currently have a pair of Mirage OM-10's (the older style), an OM-C3 center and a pair of OM-R2 surrounds. These speakers are too big for my living room and the fronts, being omni-polar, require to pulled out away from the wall, taking up more room. I want to replace this system with another, smaller one. I will continue to use my DIY 12" subwoofer. I want small bookshelf style mains that can be placed VERY close, if not up against the front wall (yes, I know speakers sound best when placed away from walls). I haven't started looking at what's "hot" right now, but the first brand that jumps to mind is B&W. I don't want the tiny satellite speakers. Thanks!!

Jim

P.S.- I also need to know what to ask for my current speakers. I think the center was $350, OM-10's were $600 (marked down 1/2 form $1200 as closeouts) and the surrounds were $500. They are all about 3 years old. Only the center is less-than-perfect with a slightly dented, but still perfect sounding, tweeter.

2. Chip E

Chip E Screenwriter

If you like B&W and want small bookshelf speakers that are not satellites, i'd get the B&W 303's. I have 4 of them and the LCR center channel. I'm not using them right now for anything but they are great,small bookshelf speakers. They go about $300.00 a pair.

3. Jim A. Banville

Jim A. Banville Supporting Actor

Thanks for the suggestion! I've put my Mirage's on eBay in case anyone is interested. If you want them for the Buy It Now price, I'll end the auction early. Thanks [​IMG]