What's new

Download my home theater book FREE! (1 Viewer)

Marc Rochkind

Second Unit
I've just completed a new book, Home Theater Explained, and you can now get it as an ebook for free from my site (see signature below).
Any and all comments--and I'm sure there will be some! ;)-- are welcome, either here or by email.
Enjoy!

FrankT

Stunt Coordinator
Wow. I have not read much yet but so far it is well written and seems to have a lot of good info. Great job.

Chuck_C

Stunt Coordinator
I just downloaded it. At first glance, it looks really nice. Thank you for making it available to us.

Jason F.

Stunt Coordinator
Did I see an ad for that book in Sound and Vision this month, I was in Barnes and Nobles when I saw the ad. I was going to buy the bood but I couldn't find it :frowning:

Thomas_Jespersen

Auditioning
Wow Marc, I have only glanced at your book but it seems great.

I think I will print it at start reading it right away.

Perhaps this book should be linked somewhere in the HT Primer thread.

Bob Sheen

Stunt Coordinator
I just spent the last hour or so reading your book. All i can say is WOW !

I like the way it's written in easy to understand language.

Excellent work !

Bob

James Zos

Supporting Actor
What a wonderful gift to the forum! You write very well, and take the time to make the information you present easily understandable.

I have some knowledge of home theater, but still found that you brought clarity to several points I was less than clear on.

Thanks a lot!

Matt Gordon

Supporting Actor
This book is an excellent reference for those at any level of expertise in HT. Whether you choose to read it front to back or pick and choose the sections that interest you at that moment, this book will quickly and undoubtedly prove it’s worth to any HT enthusiast. I especially like to have it handy at work when friends ask for information or advice about their own systems. Don’t forget about the website support: http://www.htexplained.com

Marc Rochkind

Second Unit
Hello everyone... thanks for all the kind words!

Like most ebooks, you can't print this one. It is also published as a paperback, however. The link in Matt's message leads you to how to order it.

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
Thanks Mark! I will be recommending this to many. I love what you said on page 22.

quote:

Most people who watch P&S movies on their 4:3 tvs probably never think much about what they're missing, if they even know about it. But as a reader of this book, you're no longer ignorant, Sorry.

That is CLASSIC!

RogerB

Second Unit
Just glanced through it for now. Great book! One thing I noticed - the page numbers in the Table of Contents are not correct. For example, OTA HDTV says page 72 in the TOC but actually starts on page 74.
Also, you need to fix the link to your homepage (the little house icon). It has http:// twice.

Davis

Agent
Thanks for your contribution. I found the book very helpful in terms of organizing and prioritizing the features to consider.

Graham Martin

Stunt Coordinator
Marc,

This is a great resource. Even though you made this available for free, I am going to buy a copy. I just want to make sure we all reward each other for this kind of generousity and helpfulnes!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks