What's new

Downhill Domination.. Road Rash meets SSX? (1 Viewer)

paul h

Supporting Actor
This sounds like a surprisingly fun game, knowing the guys at Incog it'll be a damn tough game but one that you keep coming back to.

Great review up on gamesdomain..

http://www.gamesdomain.com/playstati...omination.html

"Thrown down mountainsides at speeds so insane it'll flay skin from bone, the action each stage presents is, in a word, INTENSE. Rocketing along on noticeably different surfaces, including dirt, dust, mud, water and more, newcomers will find the experience a wild ride. In motion, play goes something like this: from the starting grid, you'll take off like a shot, and afterwards butt heads with rival riders, trick to boost your powers, and constantly scan the surroundings for shortcut opportunities. Of course, given variable weather conditions, like thunderstorms that set forests ablaze, standing in awe of the amazing atmosphere is a common occurrence... when not busy avoiding regular opportunities for head-on collisions with the local flora and fauna."

"Visibly beautiful and aurally stimulating, Downhill Domination earns every penny. That a talented team was behind the effort is obvious; you can tell Incog has learned from experience, and brought many lessons gleaned from Twisted Metal Black's saga into the picture here. Framerates are astounding, but don't come at the expense of character model or background quality. Slick as can be, the title features gorgeous textures, staggering sound effects and a presentation worthy of the finest fare currently being offered on PlayStation2."

"Alone or with a friend, you'll eke tons of fun from Downhill Domination, which will have even veteran videogame nuts sweating bullets. Sony deserves kudos for trying something new and taking a risk, and still more for making the venture pay off. Audiences now have another stupendous title to add to their collections, and yet another reason to stay inside and get their exercise the virtual way this summer."

Nathan A

Second Unit
i've been waiting for a real mountain bike game for awhile now, and it sounds like this one'll actually be pretty good! i'd have preferred an XC/freeride mountain biking game, but i'll take a downhill one (plus i'm not sure how they'd make an XC/freeride mountain biking game work). it'll be the first PS2 new release i've picked up in....uhh....a long ass time, anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks