What's new

Downgrade speakers? (1 Viewer)

Bill Blank

Stunt Coordinator
I often wonder if my speakers are a bit overkill for the rest of my system. I've been considering a "downgrade" move to Paradigm's Reference line. Tell me what you think:

System:
Mitsu WS-55411 HD-Ready TV
Rotel RSP-1066 PRe/Pro
Rotel RMB-1075 Power Amp
Rega Planet 2000 CD Player
Panasonic DVD-RP32S
Vienna Acoustics Mozart
Vienna Acoustics Maestro
Vienna Acoustics Haydn

I was think of repacing the Mozarts with Studio 60's or 80's, the Maestro with the CC, and the Haydn's with Studio 20's.

Bill

RichardH

Supporting Actor
Downgrade???? Why would you ever do such a thing?? :D
What would you do w/ your Vienna's if you did replace them?
Personally, I would just stick to what you have and be happy that you're not wanting to UPgrade.
I don't see a sub listed. You might think about adding one if you want to change anything.
BTW, the obvious suggestions will be for SVS, but if you want something that looks nice like your speakers, they have some box type subs in the works, w/ wood veneers. Or if you can't wait, check out REL and ACI.

Lee Carbray

Second Unit
I don't think I have ever heard of a case of downgradeitis before...stay away I don't want to catch it.:)

Bill Blank

Stunt Coordinator
I've got a Velodyne CT-120 for a sub that I'd replace with a Servo 15.

I got the Vienna's from Sumiko when I worked for a HiFi retailer. I'd likely sell them on Audiogon as a package deal.

Downgradeitis! I like that one, I wish I just had Satisfieditis!

Bill

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
I wish I had your problem :angry: . I am trying to decide how I am going to afford the next round of upgrades that I want :D .
There is no such thing as overkill. You can always turn down the volume if it is too much, but you still have the better quality. But if you must, the Paradigm Studio line are excellent speakers. I am lucky to afford the Monitors, and think they are great.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
To me, there'd have to be one compelling reason, such as they just don't fit and will never fit in my space for me at least to consider that. Selling the equipment, usually involves taking such a financial beating!
Maybe if you want to improve matters, examination of the room is in order.

Ken Arnold

Agent
Real Name
Ken Arnold
:emoji_thumbsup: You're absolutely right, downgrading is the ticket. I should also mention I'm in the market for some black Mozart's, Hayden's and a Maestro CC. :D

Bill Blank

Stunt Coordinator
Ken,

I've since decided to keep my speakers. They wouldn't be any good to you as they're all in beech, not black.

Good luck in your search! You'll love the Viennas!

Bill

Bill Blank

Stunt Coordinator
Talk about reviving an old thread. Here we are 16 months later and I've done it.

I'm preparing to sell my Vienna Acoustics setup:

Mozart
Maestro
Haydn

as I await my Paradigm Reference setup:

Studio 100v3
Studio CC-470v3
Studio 20v3

They just weren't quite floating my boat 100% with rock n' roll. Don't get me wrong, the Vienna's are FAB speakers, I just need something different for my rock music.

Bill

Scott_N

Second Unit
Wow the Studio line of Paradigm is nice but they don't have near the midrange clarity of the VA's and the VA's highs are much more refined IMO. Good luck with the Paradigm's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks