Down to the Denon 1804 and Marantz 6400

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by GregoryKoz, Dec 29, 2003.

1. GregoryKoz

GregoryKoz Auditioning

Hey guys- some of you might have seen my earlier thread- I have done my homework and compared alot of receivers, and it's down to these 2. Do any of you own either product and have any comments, positive, negative or otherwise?

I am running Klipsch RF3 series in the fronts, along with the proper surround and center channel, and will be using the receiver for DVD/TV and Music.

Also, the Panasonic 53" TV I have is HDTV so I wonder if that presents a problem for either receiver. Your comments thus far have been great, I really appreciate anything you might have to add, as it will serve to allow me to make a truly informed decision!

Gregory

2. GregoryKoz

GregoryKoz Auditioning

The only other thing I forgot to add is that I would like to have multi-room capability!

3. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

When I owned the AVR-1803, I could never get the multi-room option to work. Even though I had my CD player hooked up via analog cables, it was still a "no go." I'm not sure if Denon has changed the way the multi-room option is utilized with the 1804 vs. the 1803 or not. Just make sure you have the ability to return the Denon if the multi-room option doesn't work as well as you expected - or, doesn't work at all.

4. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

I run the 1804 but do not utilize the multi-room option. I could give it a try if you like? So far I have been very happy with the unit though.

5. GregoryKoz

GregoryKoz Auditioning

Hey steve if it's not a problem, I would be curious to see how it works. Don't go crazy setting things up though!

Thanks!

Gregory

6. douglas-b

douglas-b Stunt Coordinator

Douglas Berry
    I have the Denon 1804 and I love it. It has very natural, life like sound and plenty of power.

7. GregoryKoz

GregoryKoz Auditioning

Hey Douglas- thanks for the feedback, do you find that the Denon is tinny or close to it? I have heard that it's a much warmer sound...

8. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

Well Gregory I gave it a shot yesterday. I tried for about 45 min and then I just got fed up and quit. After checking out the manuel after I was done> I noticed a little side note saying that a only dgtl/coax conection will defeat my attempts. [​IMG] *&^%^&*&^% All my red/whites on hand are to short. Sorry

9. GregoryKoz

GregoryKoz Auditioning

Steve you are the man! Thanks again for trying, I think that today I will finally make up my mind between the 2!

10. douglas-b

douglas-b Stunt Coordinator

Douglas Berry
    So what did you get???