What's new

Down to the Denon 1804 and Marantz 6400 (1 Viewer)

GregoryKoz

Auditioning
Hey guys- some of you might have seen my earlier thread- I have done my homework and compared alot of receivers, and it's down to these 2. Do any of you own either product and have any comments, positive, negative or otherwise?

I am running Klipsch RF3 series in the fronts, along with the proper surround and center channel, and will be using the receiver for DVD/TV and Music.

Also, the Panasonic 53" TV I have is HDTV so I wonder if that presents a problem for either receiver. Your comments thus far have been great, I really appreciate anything you might have to add, as it will serve to allow me to make a truly informed decision!

Gregory

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
When I owned the AVR-1803, I could never get the multi-room option to work. Even though I had my CD player hooked up via analog cables, it was still a "no go." I'm not sure if Denon has changed the way the multi-room option is utilized with the 1804 vs. the 1803 or not. Just make sure you have the ability to return the Denon if the multi-room option doesn't work as well as you expected - or, doesn't work at all.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I run the 1804 but do not utilize the multi-room option. I could give it a try if you like? So far I have been very happy with the unit though.

GregoryKoz

Auditioning
Hey steve if it's not a problem, I would be curious to see how it works. Don't go crazy setting things up though!

Thanks!

Gregory

douglas-b

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Douglas Berry
I have the Denon 1804 and I love it. It has very natural, life like sound and plenty of power.

GregoryKoz

Auditioning
Hey Douglas- thanks for the feedback, do you find that the Denon is tinny or close to it? I have heard that it's a much warmer sound...

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Well Gregory I gave it a shot yesterday. I tried for about 45 min and then I just got fed up and quit. After checking out the manuel after I was done> I noticed a little side note saying that a only dgtl/coax conection will defeat my attempts. :frowning: *&^%^&*&^% All my red/whites on hand are to short. Sorry

GregoryKoz

Auditioning
Steve you are the man! Thanks again for trying, I think that today I will finally make up my mind between the 2!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks