Douglas Adams fans...

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Remember that today, Douglas Adams' final book, Salmon of Doubt was finally published. A good part of the book was finished (I think a large majority of it) before he died... although, it is uncomplete. Adams is probably my favorite author of all time... let him be remembered
I hope it sells 42 million copies

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Really? I have yet to pick it up... I like Dirk Gently too, so that is fine

I got a strange look from my mom when I brought The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul from the bookstore

EDIT: I amended my first post

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
Actually, I'm on the fence over this; there were apparently multiple versions and revisions found on his hard drive, and I don't know if I want to read something he didn't feel was ready to be read. But I'm wierd that way. :)

If nothing else, I'll buy a copy to support his estate, though.

Dave Ringkor

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave Ringkor
Shayne, I question whether any of Adams' work was ever released that he considered 'ready to be read.' His intro in the 'More Than Complete Hitchhiker's Guide' says it all, that there were so many versions of that work, some of it flatly contradictory, that it's hard to say which is the correct one. I, for one, am looking forward to reading this last book.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I'm with Shayne - before his death, Adams had said he was suffering really bad writer's block & didn't like what he'd been working on.

I have mixed feelings about it being published as 'complete'.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GabeBillings