What's new

Doubles Of Movies (1 Viewer)

AbelM

Second Unit
Do you guys' buy doubles of movies? Like a collector's edition and then some other copy of it? (i.e. Any Given Sunday, American Beauty, and Almost Famous) Just curious...

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
No. I'm not saying that would be silly...but DVD is really only a stepping stone to a higher definition format. Unless it's for a time capsule, I don't see a good reason to collect DVD's by buying doubles and hoping the value one day increases.

Bruce

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Bruce,

Abel can correct me if I'm mistaken, but, I think he meant different versions of the same film. Like the two releases of Almost Famished that I own for no good reason.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Jim,

You are not mistaken. I reread his post and indeed, I screwed up. :b So...in that case, to answer Abel's REAL question, the answer is: If I know a CE or SE is on the way, I will wait for that. If the Audio or Video is lacking, I will replace a current copy. Otherwise, I try to get what's available and if it's good enough, I won't bother with the CE or SE.

Bruce

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
I currently have both the director's cuts and normal versions of:

Army of Darkness

Lock, Stock and 2 smoking barrels

George Monroy

Stunt Coordinator
I want to buy the current version of Vampire Hunter D. I also want to buy the redrawn version that comes out next month. But in this case it is a redrawn movie so it is somewhat different than just being an SE.

AbelM

Second Unit
I will deffiently add Memento to my double list, as that is a great movie...:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks