What's new

Double Indemnity 2 disc from Universal in August (1 Viewer)

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Sounds like I FINALLY will get what I want for my birthday!!!

Charles H

Screenwriter
UNIVERSAL owns the US video rights to THE HEIRESS> Since they are so marketing-conscious, I would hope that they would release an Olivia deHavilland collection. Three beauts: HOLD BACK THE DAWN, TO EACH HIS OWN, THE HEIRESS...and if they really want to be eclectic completists, throw in THE WELL-GROOMED BRIDE.

RafaelPires

Supporting Actor
Charles, I second your selection for an Olivia DeHavilland Collection.
3 wonderful titles, that I would buy in a heartbeat.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
and i'll third it.
Hold Back the Dawn is the one Paramount i would probably like to see the most from Universal (now that the DeMille material is being released). But it perpetually gets lost in the crowd of more popular (tho no less deserving) unreleased titles, so it just seems fruitless to pine or petition for it.
But it's inclusion in a DeHavilland Collection would make perfect sense.

as would a Ladd/Lake collection

and of course a Colbert collection (with Midnight being essential).

well, i never expected to see a Carole Lombard Collection, so maybe these are within the realm of possibility.

Corey

Screenwriter
i 4th the olivia de havilland collection. WB could also consider releasing a collection since she made so many films for them.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
No crying here Robert! :)

Though I'm weary if that's the actual artwork... it looks like they might've just sourced the one-sheet poster art from another website to use until the actual cover artwork is released.

It certainly doesn't look official to me... no studio or DVD logos to be seen.

I'll be ecstatic if that turns out to be the real deal though!

Brian PB

Supporting Actor
I see your point, Marco, but I've never known Laser's Edge to post anything other than official artwork. If they don't have it, they post one of these:

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
That cover wouldn't go with the rest of the Legacy Series covers, so I highly doubt it's real, or even close.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
The cover art's a little wierd, but it wouyld be my last complaint. I'm really looking forward to this!

Jay*W

Second Unit
I am dubious that Universal would release the film with the title showing up only as "Paramount's Double Indemnity" on the cover.

Jay

Corey

Screenwriter
sounds good. all i'll need is this film and on the waterfront and i'll have the 10 classic essentials.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks