What's new

dot pitch on lcd screens (1 Viewer)

kevin_tomb

Stunt Coordinator
How come dot pitch is rarely mentioned with regards to LCd screens?...I bought a NEC LCD screen and have just begun to realize it has sorta noticable dots making up the image. Mainly I see it on very small letters and objects, and ONLY when looking for it and with my head close to the screen. MY screen is the model 1530. Is this model well regarded, or is it a fairly low level model?.....I think it has a great look as far as color goes and it is very bright when needed and is very sharply focused. Everyone who sees it thinks it looks fantastic. Guess I just want you computer geeks opinion of it:)

Kenneth

Supporting Actor
I think the mechanics of an LCD vs CRT are completely different and that is why they don't mention dot pitch.

A CRT shines light through a grid of holes so dot pitch is important, especially for large monitors.

An LCD is an array of light emitting pixels, not holes. What is usually important for an LCD is the native resolution of the array. My laptop screen has a 1600x1200 native resolution and I see no distinguishable dots. If the native resolution is lower, especially on bigger screens, it might be possible to see the pixels.

Kenneth

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks