What's new

Dot crawl,jagged edges..ect. (1 Viewer)

mark laf

Auditioning
Hi.I just purchased a GE(i know they suck but it was cheap)32'' TV and ive noticed on alot of the things ive been watching that most edges are jagged(specialy colored) and it seems there is alot of dot crawl all over.This tv has a comb filter.Is there anyway to adjust this or should I return this thing?I like it besides the dot crawl ect. and stuff.Any input wanted.Thanks..Mark

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
Many inexpensive TV sets have comb filters that put a lot of dot crawl in the picture. Dot crawl from this usually cannot be adjusted out. A few such sets have a "notch" setting in the menu the reduces dot crawl but also softens the picture slightly.

Dot crawl seen on S-video input is almost always from some other deficiency beside the comb filter. The ultra rare exception is if the TV converts the S-video into composite and sends it through all the circuits including the comb filter which is a situation so bad you should return the set.

While we are on the subject of returning a TV, if your set has just one yellow video jack, one S-video jack, and one video or AV selection on the remote, you probably should return it. Only one thing can be connected to the set and you have to unplug thbe DVD player from the S- video jack before you can use the VCR on the RCA video jack or vice versa.

Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks