Doris Day ... Midnight Lace / Teacher's Pet / Julie

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Von Pein, Mar 11, 2002.

1. David Von Pein

David Von Pein Producer

I've gained a new appreciation of the fine acting talents possessed by Doris Day recently by watching/re-watching some of her films from the 1950's/1960's.
    Anybody ever see "Teacher's Pet" (1958), with Doris & Clark Gable. I just watched this fine pic for the first time the other day (on a pretty clear VHS tape, of course, since there is no DVD). This is a very good picture! With Miss Day fine in a lead role.
    Along with "Teacher's", other Doris titles I'd like to see go to DVD are .... Midnight Lace and Julie.
    I have the Pillow Talk DVD. But it could use an SE, and a better transfer. Still nice to have it in widescreen though!
    Who else likes these films?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. David Von Pein

David Von Pein Producer

[refresh]

3. Tommy G

Tommy G Screenwriter

David, Pillow Talk was a fine movie but I thought she was great in The Man Who Knew Too Much. She definitely was not hard to look at either. [​IMG]

4. David Von Pein

David Von Pein Producer

Yes....Man Who Knew Too Much featured a nice Day performance.
    Then there's Send Me No Flowers....another goodie!
    Paul Lynde's hysterical outing as a cemetery-plot salesman is reason enough alone to turn SMNF into a DVD!! .......
    "You want to surprise her!!? Well this [cemetery plot] will give her a real thrill! It makes a very thoughtful gift!" -- That famous Lynde twang!
    [​IMG]

5. Jay E

Jay E Cinematographer

There are quite a few Doris Day films I would buy if they were ever released on DVD.
    I'm especially interested in the Day/Hudson & Day/Garner films:
    Send Me No Flowers
    Move Over, Darling
    Thrill of It All, The
    Lover Come Back
    I would also love to see one of my childhood Favoritess:
    Where Were You When the Lights Went Out?
    Universal has the rights to most of these films. Regretably Universal doesn't release a lot of catalog titles in a year so it might be a long wait to see these on DVD (unless Criterion steps in which I don't think is likely).