What's new

Doris Day ... Midnight Lace / Teacher's Pet / Julie (1 Viewer)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
I've gained a new appreciation of the fine acting talents possessed by Doris Day recently by watching/re-watching some of her films from the 1950's/1960's.
Anybody ever see "Teacher's Pet" (1958), with Doris & Clark Gable. I just watched this fine pic for the first time the other day (on a pretty clear VHS tape, of course, since there is no DVD). This is a very good picture! With Miss Day fine in a lead role.
Along with "Teacher's", other Doris titles I'd like to see go to DVD are .... Midnight Lace and Julie.
I have the Pillow Talk DVD. But it could use an SE, and a better transfer. Still nice to have it in widescreen though!
Who else likes these films?
6302287448.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

6300182118.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

Tommy G

Screenwriter
David, Pillow Talk was a fine movie but I thought she was great in The Man Who Knew Too Much. She definitely was not hard to look at either. ;)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Yes....Man Who Knew Too Much featured a nice Day performance.
Then there's Send Me No Flowers....another goodie!
Paul Lynde's hysterical outing as a cemetery-plot salesman is reason enough alone to turn SMNF into a DVD!! .......
"You want to surprise her!!? Well this [cemetery plot] will give her a real thrill! It makes a very thoughtful gift!" -- That famous Lynde twang!
lynde2.jpg

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
There are quite a few Doris Day films I would buy if they were ever released on DVD.
I'm especially interested in the Day/Hudson & Day/Garner films:
Send Me No Flowers
Move Over, Darling
Thrill of It All, The
Lover Come Back
I would also love to see one of my childhood Favoritess:
Where Were You When the Lights Went Out?
Universal has the rights to most of these films. Regretably Universal doesn't release a lot of catalog titles in a year so it might be a long wait to see these on DVD (unless Criterion steps in which I don't think is likely).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks