What's new

Doors remasters (1 Viewer)

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
if i have a copy of the Doors 1st LP on cd, and on the back cover it says "digitally remastered from the original master tapes", do i have the uncensored cd? (this cd was purchased in 1998)
thanks
sean

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
well I have what seems to be one of the remasters, BUT the songs seem to still be missing certain parts (like the "she gets..." remains edited)
do i need the boxed set to get the full uncensored songs? is the sound quality on the remasters?
i bought my cd in the summer of 1998. have there been new remasters since then?

Alex Shk

Stunt Coordinator
The newest issues were remastered in 1999, and they say so on the rear cover. This is the Third time the entire Doors catalog has been remastered (three individual CD issues so far..). You have a copy of the second issue. The current version has the uncensored Break on Thru & The End.

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
wow i never knew there were 3 sets of reissues.
so my original question from a few weeks ago needs rephrasing. I will definitely buy the third "Doors" because of censorship issues, but as far as sound quality goes, are the remasters I have from pre-1999 quite inferior to the 1999 issues? Like I said, I actually quite like the remasters I have, and find there is sufficient low-end. Do the reports of no low-end pertain to the FIRST cd's, or all Doors cd's pre-1999?
thanks!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks