Doorbell extensions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jason Price, Oct 2, 2001.

1. Jason Price

Jason Price Second Unit

Are there any products out there that will interface with a doorbell wirelessly? I would like to put a doorbell extension in my basement (and possibly upstairs) so I can hear the doorbell when in the theater area. The main level of my house is completely finished, so running a wire direct might be difficult.
    Anyone know of anything like this, or have a good solution for me?

2. Wes

Wes Screenwriter

Wes Peterson
    Good question, I haven't look for an extension but I did have the builder run a line to my at the time future dedicated theater. And just an idea for you and this is what I have done is instead of a bell in the theater I installed a small 12V light up in the front corner of the room. So now I can have the system cranked and still know if someone is at the door.
    Wes

3. Steve Berger

Steve Berger Supporting Actor

There are many commercial wireless products. A small transmitter fits on the bell and gets power when the bell goes off. Remote bells (chimes,melodies optional) plug into an outlet. Claims for distance are usually overrated and experimenting with placement might be required. Most home repair centers should have them as well as good hardware stores.