Door-to-door salespersons

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tony-B, Mar 2, 2003.

1. Tony-B

Tony-B Producer

I almost had an encounter with a possible salesman today. He was outside for about 40 to 60 minutes talking to people in 2 cars. He had a Charter logo on the back of his coat, and the logo looked quite fake. After about 30 minutes, one car left. Then for another 10 or 15 minutes he talked to the other car. At the end both of them were looking over papers. This "salesman" provided for some great comedy. About half way through, he went back to his pickup (it was red and had no Charter logo on it) and grabbed a cigarette. He was smoking while talking to these people. Also he would occasionally spit onto the street.

I was wondering if he would come to our house and what he would be selling. I thought that he could be trying to sell some type of cable descrambler. If that was the case, I would have told him "I already have a descrambler. It is a Motorola Digital Cable Receiver, which I bought from the cable company." However after the car he was talking to left, he got back into his red pickup and went down the street.

It was not a person from Charter, because I don't believe that they would do this on a Sunday, in the middle of the afternoon, when the temperature outside is 9 degrees Fahrenheit. Also the city that I live in requires door-to-door salesmen to have a permit. I don't think that Charter would even go door-to-door.

Does anyone else have stories about door-to-door salespersons?

2. Justin Lane

Justin Lane Cinematographer

I had the meat guys strike at my house not too long ago. They came pulling up in what I would say was a 1984 rusted out Toyota truck with a large white rusted freezer thrown into the back of their truck. They tried to start their spiel about preportioned meats and I immediately said no thank you, please do not come back here again. I wonder if rust came as a bonus flavoring with their meats.

J

3. Ryan Wright

Ryan Wright Screenwriter

4. BrianW

BrianW Cinematographer

Brian
    Ryan, that's shameful. I would have given him a five and told him to keep the change. Who tips a person only fifty cents for delivery? [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Bill Catherall

Bill Catherall Screenwriter

6. Gregg Shiu

Gregg Shiu Second Unit

There were these guys who were like Salesman for God... Mormons, I think they were? But yeah, anyways, they were trying to sell me salvation, and I didn't bite. [​IMG] No, but seriously, I thought they were Jehovah's Witnesses for the longest time until they said they were Mormon. Other than that, not too many door-to-door sales here in Nova.