What's new

Doom script (1 Viewer)

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Can anyone point me to a link where I can read Doom's script?

I'm curious as to what the movie is going to be about because I keep reading about a bunch of actors being hired, first the Rock, then this Urban guy, now Rosamund Pike (the girl from Die Another Day I believe) and here I thought the movie would only have one actor since that's what the game is about...Just one man fighting against demons from hell. Where are all these other characters coming from?

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

From the fact that just having one guy killing monsters for a whole movie makes for a pretty lame movie. I can't see that working for 1.5-2 hours. So, create some other characters for the hero to interact with, to create plot complications.

BTW, is The Rock still attached to this? I got the impression that Karl Urban is playing the main guy now...

Jason

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I haven't played Doom 3 yet, but the games never really had any plot or character at all, just the set-up of demons from hell ripping up space marines, which is actually an advantage to a filmmaker because it leaves things wide open for embellishment. Of course, I doubt the people making this movie will take it seriously enough to make it any good...

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
They can make it kind of like Die Hard where the main character has interaction with other people but he's pretty much the only one fighting the bad guys.

But I think their plan is to have a whole team of soldiers fighting the demons like in ALIENS.

I guess either way can work if done correctly.

I usually don't judge movies until I see them so I won't judge this one. I was just curious.

Anyway, back to my original question, I'd appreciate it if anyone could point me to the script.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
In the right hands, and with a big budget and R rating, this could be one hell of a movie. It will probably wind up a watered down, generic disappointment though. Still, with Rosamund Pike on board, I'll definitely see it. She's a honey.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I've played the games, and read some of the little novels as well. As for Pike, like any adaptation, there's bound to be some differences I suppose. I don't know where she'd fit in, but at least I have one guaranteed reason to see this, as I'm not expecting much. I hope I'm wrong, and it'll be great, but I highly doubt it after all these years.

On another note, Doom 3 rules!

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Jason. That was a good read and clears up some confusions I had. I thought The Rock was going to play the main guy.

Can't wait for this movie. Bring it on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks