Don't you hate missing a great deal?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Ely, Dec 25, 2001.

1. David Ely

David Ely Supporting Actor

Just before I sat down for dinner tonight, I passed by the Future Shop website and noticed they had already started selling items that are part of their boxing day sale.
    I thought to myself that I'd have plenty of time to go over the site after dinner. WRONG!!! I get back and nearly everything is sold out! The Worst part is, I found that they had the Polk Audio RT600i speakers for $400Cdn!!!! I would have bought those had I seen them before dinner.
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Oh well ... I guess I'll have to find something else to do with $400 [​IMG]

2. Craig

Craig Second Unit

This is one for you guys who talked yourself into laying out $2K+ on a new Les Paul.

There's a new-in-the-box Les Paul Std (Cherry Sunburst) for $1499 Buy-It-Now on eBay in case anyone is interested. It's item 1400420845 and no, it's not my auction. The guy also has a Vintage Sunburst, supposed to be NIB for $1499.

I've purchased 3 guitars in the past two weeks and just can't afford any more bargains. Cheapest I've been able a brand new L.P. Std in Heritage Cherry Sunburst at a retailer is around $2K.

Personally my most painful memory is passing up a near mint J.Roberts double gun (12ga., Churchill XXV model). Gun had the J. Roberts London address on the rib and 'Arrizzabalaga' on the locks. Asking price was $1500, probably could have gotten it for $1300. Arrizzabalaga guns are selling used for $7K-$8K. This was in the early '90s.

3. Tim Hoover

Tim Hoover Screenwriter

I already got my great deal for the year - an '86 Plymouth Voyager minivan in great shape with only 76K on it, for $400! No more struggling to load my drumkit into my Mustang.