"Don't Look Now", "The Tenant" & "No Way to Treat a Lady" coming o

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jay E, Jun 11, 2002.

1. Jay E

Jay E Cinematographer

All 3 are up for pre-order at DVD Empire for 9/3 release. All are $24.95 retail. No specs yet.
    All 3 are must-buys for me. I had no idea that No Way to Treat a Lady was coming out. Thanks Paramount!

2. Gary Tooze

Gary Tooze Producer

that great... Polanski's "The Tenant" is one of my favorite films.... that is good news !!

3. Sebastian_A

Sebastian_A Stunt Coordinator

This is no good news, this is THE BEST NEWS of the month! [​IMG]
    Thrilled to pick up DON'T LOOK NOW and THE TENANT - the first one only if it's better than the R2 disc though. Always been keeping myself from buying that one because I always hoped for a nice R1 edition some day - September is the month!!!
    Seb

4. Deepak Shenoy

Deepak Shenoy Supporting Actor

Awesome ! No Way to Treat a Lady is a pleasant surprise. Thanks Paramount ! I will be picking up all three titles.
    I hope that the Don't Look Now DVD has the longer cut featured on the R2 version.

5. Christian R

Christian R Agent

Who knows about the longer R2 version being released by Paramount as a R1...it would definitely fall under "unrated" versions...and we ALL KNOW that Paramount won't do any "unrated" DVDs. I'd unfortunately be really really really surprised if the R1 version will be the "unrated" version released on R2. But hopefully I'm wrong...keeping fingers crossed.

6. Deepak Shenoy

For some reason a title search does not show these titles. In fact, The Tenant seems to have completely disappeared from the site. You can get to the other two titles by doing an actor search.

7. Brandon Gantt

Brandon Gantt Second Unit

Everywhere I've looked Don't Look Now is listed at 110mins., which is 1HR 50mins. How long is the European version supposed to be?

8. TerryW

TerryW Stunt Coordinator

I guess four flies won't be released on 9/3 after all...
    Maybe before Halloween then, Mr. Blythe? [​IMG]

9. Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux Screenwriter

Sweet! i will definately be picking up "The Tenant" & "Don't Look Now" hey what is that i see could it be a more freindly retail ? $24.95 ? maybe paramount has gotten the message. A little bit anyways [​IMG] I guess retail should be $19.95 on these in a perfect world. But i am just happy to be getting 2 of my favorites.

10. Deepak Shenoy

11. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick
    The unrated version of DON'T LOOK NOW does not have an appreciably longer running time. We're talking a matter of a few seconds, which were snipped from the Sutherland/Christie lovemaking sequence in order to appease the MPAA. I have seen both versions and, to tell the truth, you have to pay pretty close attention to find any differences, and they are minor. You can well enjoy the R-rated version, unless you have an obsession for a teensy (and I mean TEENSY) bit of extra skin. It's not as though you're not seeing what was released in theaters. My hats off to Paramount for releasing this film.

12. Brandon Gantt

Brandon Gantt Second Unit

Thanks guys! Nobody else could seem to answer my question. They were all just screaming uncut, uncut, uncut!, but nobody knew what was cut and how much! I'm not worried about a few seconds of skin so I'll be picking it up anyway.

13. Mark Edward Heuck

Mark Edward Heuck Screenwriter

Preliminary stats say these will all contain trailers, which will be great in the case of NO WAY TO TREAT A LADY. If you have never seen it, it is a terrific trailer that predates the "MTV" style that is popular in trailers today, including a lot of trickery with the Paramount logo. I will likely buy the whole movie which I've never seen just to get that trailer!