What's new

Don't Look Now Paramount Blu-ray release (1 Viewer)

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
Just wondering if anyone has purchased the "Don't Look Now" Paramount Blu-ray release and can comment on picture quality in comparison with previous (Criterion, Studio-Canal) releases?

Last edited:
Reactions: PMF

Chelsearicky

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richard Barrett-Olson
Just wondering if anyone has purchased the "Don't Look Now" Paramount Blu-ray release and can comment on picture quality in comparison with previous (Criterion, Studio-Canal?) releases?
I was wondering the same about "Days of Heaven" and "Rosemary's Baby".

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Just wondering if anyone has purchased the "Don't Look Now" Paramount Blu-ray release and can comment on picture quality in comparison with previous (Criterion, Studio-Canal?) releases?
I seriously doubt it's any different as the Criterion Blu-ray was derived from a 4K restoration.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Unless they are upgrading these movies to 4K, what is the point, considering the Criterion editions are still available? Or are they going to pull Criterion's licenses for them?

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Unless they are upgrading these movies to 4K, what is the point, considering the Criterion editions are still available? Or are they going to pull Criterion's licenses for them?
Don't Look Now is already available in 4K in Europe.

Blu_rayfan66

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Hugh S.
Have those been reviewed anywhere? I could find no reviews of the Paramount "Don't Look Now" Blu-ray.
Review for UK Paramount release of 'Rosemary's Baby'...

Occasionally can be picked up for around 6-7 UK pounds. That's what I paid for it- seems to be identical to Criterion, just no extras.

willyTass

Supporting Actor
The studio canal version was encoded by David Mackenzie if memory serves me right. Good luck Paramount trying to top that

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
Review for UK Paramount release of 'Rosemary's Baby'...

Occasionally can be picked up for around 6-7 UK pounds. That's what I paid for it- seems to be identical to Criterion, just no extras.

It gets an excellent review for picture quality (compares well to the Criterion edition), is Region Free but has to be purchased from the UK. International shipping rates have gone thru the roof in the last year. The Criterion edition is still available at a similar price to the new Paramount release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks