What's new

Don't look behind the clock (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Without looking, I'll assume these are the giant spider photos that have already been discussed at length in the spider thread?

David Preston

Supporting Actor
Did you have to put that close up in there I was just fine with the far pic. Haha If I saw that for reel I wound have had the shakes for about a hour. What did you kill it with a louisville slugger?

Cam S

Screenwriter
I saw that clock picture on Consumptionjunction and thought it was fake cuz it just showed the legs, but man, that is crazy!!

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
One time, while I worked in the video department at a grocery store, some of the guys working in produce came up with this HUGE GODDDAMN SPIDER that they had discovered hiding in a box of bananas they were unpacking. That thing gave me nightmares for weeks afterward! Always made me think twice before picking up bananas in any store afterward.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
This has really been discussed in our spider thread.

But I just wanted to say a big thanks to who ever talked about their friend sitting down on the toilet and getting bit on the testicle by a spider. Then the testicle being removed.

I now check the underside of the seat every time I sit down. Been doing it for two weeks and will probably for the rest of my life. I do it almost unconsciously now. I hate spiders.

Frederick

Second Unit
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
Now, I'm not afraid of spiders, they don't bother me. My wife, on the other hand, HATES them, so any spider that happens to stray in her path gets screamed at and then stepped on by her or me, depending on the size. But the spider in that picture even I wouldn't mess with. So the real question is this: what to do with it? How in the blue hell do you kill something that big without a sidearm???

Freddy C.

Jared_B

Supporting Actor
How in the blue hell do you kill something that big without a sidearm???
I have a sidearm, and I would have used it!

However, if I didn't, I would have left the house for five days while waiting to buy my new sidearm (is a shoulder-fired RPG really a sidearm?).

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
*Looks behind clock that is hanging on the wall.*
WOW!!! I don't have that there, but I do have a giant hole that leads to Japan!

But seriously, that is the biggest spider I have ever seen in my life. I am not scared of spiders, but if I saw that, I would be very scared. I hope Spider-Man comes to kill that thing. ;)

Mark Fitzsimmons

Supporting Actor
How to kill giant spyder.

Soak paper towel in bleech, amonia, or whatever your most toxic chemical is.

Place in 5 gallon bucket.

Cup the spider to the wall with the bucket.

Slide posterboard between wall and bucket.

Flip over and place on ground.

Place brick on bucket so spider can't escape.

Spider dies.

Chemical warfare is a bish...

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
I think I would have used the death by shoe method. The wall would have so many shoeprints on it, someone might have guessed there was a picture of Saddam instead of a clock.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
I saw that a few weeks ago thanks to a friend of mine. I believe that is a Cane Spider (Crane?) I know they have them in Hawaii and actually had an unfortunate experience with one. We were vacationing on the islands in 83/84 around Christmas. I was 11. Part of the trip was on Maui. When we moved into our hotel we reserved in Kihei, one of the first things I did was go #2. I came into the bathroom, closed the door, flipped up the lid of the toilet and sat down, and what did I see on the wall directly across from, and not 5 feet away from me?? A Cane spider! It was HUGE!! I started SCREAMING!! (I was only 11) My mom rushed in, saw it, and started screaming herself, and then my dad came in, saw it, and killed it, with a slipper I think, or something. He hit it HARD and the thing just disintegrated. They are ALL legs, and when you kill them, they are tiny little things. I guess I didn't see it because I'm completely blind in my right eye and therefore can't see anything out of my right side. I just didn't even see it. FREAKED ME OUT!!!!!!

We then changed hotels.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
A girl I know from school was born on an army base in Japan (her parents are in the military) and has moved several times throughout her life. At one point, she was in Hawaii, and she and I were talking about this very spider in school the other day.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I don't like stepping on something that will spray a lot of guts out on my carpet.

I think I'd just suck him up the vacuum. Then now that I know about the chemicals, suck up a chemical paper towel and throw away the bag.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks