What's new

Don't Laugh: will "Ernest Goes to Camp" ever come to DVD? (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Please don't laugh at me, but I'm a fan of the "Ernest" movies, and would love to see Link Removed on DVD (if only they'd done a commentary before Jim Varney died :frowning: ) Is there any word of this release? And chance at all? (I won't even ask about "Ernest Saves Christmas" or "Ernest Goes to Jail")

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I'm a HUGE fan of Ernest P. Worrell and would KILL to have ANY Ernest movies or TV shows or specials on DVD. It might not be Citizen Kane, but surely it'd sell at least a few copies, right? Just dump it on a disc and at least make it available for those of us who want it.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Wait about 6 months to a year, and Disney will have a bare-bones but OAR release for you. I'd like a copy, too. My VHS went to crap, and the video itself is out of print.

Sincerely,

John "Does Disney know what I mean?" Kilduff

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I definitely want Ernest Goes to Camp and Ernest Goes to Jail. Really funny stuff!
But what I really wanna have on DVD is the Ernest milk(dairy commercials) ads. Now those were REALLY funny!
It would be a nice extra on the DVD's, but unfortunatley, they are not owned by Disney

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
Ernest Goes to Camp, Ernest Goes to Jail, and Ernest Saves Christmas, are my favorites, and I would love to have them on DVD!

Ernest Scared Stupid is ok.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
The battle scene with the food shooter is priceless. I would snatch this DVD up in a sec.

cheers!

Josh

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm glad to know I'm not the only Ernest fan, "know what I mean?" :) What we really need is a box-set with all the movies, and the commercials that Ernest came from.
But I would be happy with a bare-bones release; hopefully later this year, then.
"Eggsaronius...the most dangerous substance known to man."
dave f.

Chauncey_G

Second Unit
Nothing to add on the DVD front on this thread. Just wanted to throw in that I always thought that Jim Varney was one of the more underrated comic actors out there. I'd always hoped he'd get the opportunity to prove to the world at large that he could do something other than Ernest (I'm not really counting "Beverly Hillbillies", though the "Toy Story"'s were a nice start), but alas, it wasn't in the cards.

StephenA

Screenwriter
I'd definately buy Ernest Goes to Camp(and the others as well) if they came to DVD. I love Ernest Goes to Camp. I wore my tape out, watching it so much.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
I haven't seen Ernest goes to camp in the longest time. I have seen the others several times since they were released. Since Ernest goes to camp came out in 87, and Ernest goes to Jail came out in 90, then it has been more than 10 years since I have seen Ernest goes to Camp. I think I saw Ernest goes to Jail at least once in the last year, as well as all the other ones. So, would anyone look down on me if I rented the VHS? I won't be contributing to any P&S sales, and it just might possibly be halfway entertaining. I wish I could watch it in OAR. :angry:
I promise I won't like it. :D

Shad R

Supporting Actor
What about Earnest rides again, Ernest Goes to School, Jump Shot Ernest(or something to do with basketball), We've Run Out Of Ideas For Movie, Ernest, and Ernest X.

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
Ernest Saves Christmas is a family tradition for me so I'd kill to have that movie on DVD, definately my favorite Ernest film.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
BTW, Shad, it was Slam Dunk Ernest, not "Jump Shot Ernest"

Geez, man, let's get a little educated before we run our mouths....we're talking cinematic history on the level of Citizen Kane...where else in the history of cinema will you see Kareem Abdul Jabar and Ernest teaming up?!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks