What's new

Don't forget: the Masters on HDTV this weekend! (1 Viewer)

Paul W

Second Unit
I saw this last year and it looked pretty nice. I am looking forward to seeing it again this weekend.

Woo hoo!

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Well I have now seen college football in HD (thanks CBS), college hoops in HD (thanks, um, CBS again!), and I can't wait to watch my first HD golf tournament! (Once again, thanks to the good chaps at CBS). Man, what a time to be alive. :)

Paul W

Second Unit
Lets just hope the image quality isn't as soft as the college games have been.
Also, I hope they have HD camera at all of the coverage holes (spots of SD camera views nearly drove me nuts last year).
:eek:

StephenT

Stunt Coordinator
I pray it's not like the NCAA Final Four. The SD camera use just killed the presentation. All HD cameras, please! I'm really looking forward to this.

Mike I

Supporting Actor
Don't forget there will be HD coverage of the masters on CBS, all 4 days beginning THurs...

StephenT

Stunt Coordinator
I emailed WUSA 9 in D.C., and I got this response:

Stephen,

WUSA will not broadcast The Masters in HD on Thursday and Friday. It

will be broadcast in HD on Saturday and Sunday.

Thanks for watching

David G. Jones

Director of Engineering

9WUSA
Does anybody know for sure it will be on Thursday and Friday elsewhere? This sucks! At least I'll have the weekend.

If it is on Thursday and Friday in some places, how will it work? The regular broadcast is on USA. CBS' schedule doesn't include the Masters on those two days.

Mike I

Supporting Actor
From HDTV magazine
HDTV Magazine EXTRA!
Wednesday, April 10, 2002
EDITORS NOTE:
In order to clarify confusion which seems to exists on various message
boards, please note there WILL be HDTV coverage all four days of The
Masters on the CBS HD Network.
Which HDTV program will you choose as #1 this week?
http://www.ilovehdtv.com/hdtvmagazine/programvote.html
HDTV: It's WOW TV!!
HDTV Magazine
http://www.ilovehdtv.com/
[email protected]
For 35 dollars you can sign up for a lifetime subscription...A daily schedule is delivered to your email every morning as well as industry updates and update scheduling...
P.S. I am not connected to the magazine in any way...

R

RossTerry

CBS here is supposed to start broadcasting HD on May 1.

but i have been trying to find out from them if there is a possibility they might be broadcasting before then. (i want to see the Masters in HD)

after a few emails, no response yet...

StephenT

Stunt Coordinator
I fully understand that all four days will be broadcast, but from the email I received it seems WUSA 9 in D.C. won't be sending the Thurs. and Fri. feeds through. :frowning:
I posted the same email response over in the AVS forum and someone there sent an email to the same guy I did plus the program director pleading with them to show the first two days...waiting on a response.

Gary_E

Second Unit
Boy, I can't wait for this. I have more people coming to see this that any other event. Here's a brief article concerning the coverage.
-Gary

StephenT

Stunt Coordinator
Well another poster at AVS Forum sent an email to the guy at WUSA I did, and now they say they will be broadcasting the HD feed on Thurs. and Fri. I guess the best way to find out will be to turn on the set at 4. Can't wait!

Scott DeToffol

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott DeToffol
The Masters in HDTV in the Twin Cities on WCCO-CBS. And it looks great. We were a bit confused at first why a few of the shots looked stretched. But then we realized they are showing footage from non-hdtv holes in standard definition.

There is a bit of artifacting, but overall the 1080i footage looks great.

Samsung SIR-T150 OTA HDTV Decoder

Toshiba TW40X81 40-Inch TheaterWide® HD Projection Television

Gary_E

Second Unit
The Masters looked pretty good, although it seems the broadcast suffered from many break-ups and at times was slightly out of focus. The switching between HD and stretched SD was annoying but understandable. Hopefully, tomorrow's broadcast will be better and all the kinks will be worked out by this weekend.

Close-ups were very sharp and some of the camera angles really showed off the contours of the greens. The player's shirts with thin, horizontal stripes, shimmered like crazy but the panoramic shots of the course itself looked excellent.

The audio (pro-logic) was suprisingly good. Crowd roars, from the hole behind the one being shown, screamed from the rears and the planes flying overhead panned from side to side.

Keep up the effort CBS and kudos to Mitsubishi as well.

-Gary

TV: Toshiba 40H80

STB: Samsung T-150

Receiver: Yamaha 995

Scott_G

Second Unit
Full week of Masters for ME :)
Too bad I got home late from work and missed today.
*** My daily HD newsletter *************
Greetings Digital Viewers!
Below is the schedule for Friday, April 12th.
It's that time of year again! "The Masters" can be viewed in High Definition on WRAL-DT on Thursday, April 11th through Sunday, April 14th. PLEASE BE ADVISED that Thursday and Friday coverage of "The Masters" is airing on WRAL-DT ONLY! CBS has licensed the Thursday and Friday standard definition coverage to USA Cable Network. WRAL-DT can be found over the air on channel 53.1 (virtual channel 5.1) or on digital cable channel 255.
"THE MASTERS" HIGH DEFINITION SCHEDULE
WRAL-DT 53.1/(5.1) Digital Cable 255
TIME DAY
4:00p-6:30p Today, April 11th
4:00p-6:30p Friday, April 12th
3:30p-6:30p Saturday, April 13th
2:30p-7:00p Sunday, April 14th

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks