What's new

"Don't Do The Crime If You Can't Do The Time"...Baretta hits DVD! (1 Viewer)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Anybody want these 70's classics on DVD some day? :) .......
Police Woman, Joe Forrester, McCloud, SWAT, Charlie's Angels, The Mod Squad, The Rockford Files, Switch, Hart to Hart, The Rookies, Police Story, The Blue Knight, Dan August, The FBI, and The Streets Of San Francisco. :D

David Brent

Stunt Coordinator
Even at the current rate TV shows are appearing on DVD it's going to take decades to get through them all.

Guess we're just going to have to have patience and luck as we wait for the ones we want.

David

David Brent

Stunt Coordinator
Good news, David VP...

The Rockford Files is one of the shows Universal has announced it's currently working on for release, likely due late 2002 or early 2003.

BTW, I sent an email via Universal's web-site congratulating them on their decision to release shows such as Rockford and Magnum, but urging them to consider other series Quincy and Ironside.

I got an email response from Universal's marketing company, and it's obvious that they'd only bothered to read the first line of my post as they said, in reference to Rockford and Magnum, "currently no release date has been issued."

Still if anyone wants to try registering what Universal TV material they'd like to see released on DVD, here's the direct address...

universalstudios&[email protected]

Cheers,

David

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
From what I hear, I think that Universal is getting absolutely BOMBARDED with questions regarding the release dates of the TV product. So I think they have a semi- or perhaps fully-automated e-mail rule that responds with a "form letter" for anything containing the names of those TV shows in the body of the message. :D

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I saw this in the store today, and was a bit surprised. I totally forgot about this release. Reading some of the reviews, I see some concern that the vocal version of the theme isn't included. Is this just a case of the vocals being added to a later season? I know it's not a rights issue, since the official website advertises the Sammy Davis Jr. vocal on the "best of" set. As long as it's been out, a second season seems unlikely. That's too bad for the fans. I'm still not sure I'm interested in it, myself.
Here's the website:
http://www.barettadvd.com/about.html
Mods, this thread is from long before there was a separate forum for TV. If you could move it over there, that would be great.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
i just pulled this set out again last week and watched a few eps.
i'm disappointed they never released more.
it was a solid show, and much like Starsky & Hutch a lot that was due to the likability of the lead character and the performance by Blake.

shame that Bionic Woman remake mentioned several posts above never materialized- although if it had, i would be afraid they would just recycle all the eps that have already been released on R1 into a mini-best of ala The Incredible Hulk.

i'll take the stuff anyway i can get it, but full seasons would be som much prefereable-and full runs even more so.

as to the theme- i do remember in syndication seeing episodes that didn't have the vocals as well, so i think it may have been an addition in later seasons.

one of the all time great tv themes, imo

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
Actually the vocal theme began in Season 2. The first season episodes were instrumental only, so it's just a matter of them never getting to when it began.

I always thought the Baretta season 1 was released when it was solely to exploit Robert Blake's arrest. If his trial finally kicks into high gear expect Universal to push out another season set.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Thanks for the answer, Eric.

I haven't seen this show in a long, long time, so maybe I'll get the sampler if I can find it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks