Don't Come on Down! Bob Barker to retire...

Roger_S

Stunt Coordinator
I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds it difficult to imagine anyone else hosting this show. It just won't be The Price Is Right without Bob Barker.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Sad, sad, very sad. But, we have to just thank Bob for 35 great years. It's been a hell of a run. The show can never be the same without him, but I hope it can go on. It's the best game show there is. They better pick somebody really good.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, remember that night time version with host Tom (something or other). It was definitely not TPiR without Bob.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I always remember Bob Barker in the movie Happy Gilmore, when he beat the shit out of Adam Sandler.

I remember watching The Price Is Right growing up. I can't really imagine anyone else hosting it.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
The only thing I regret about him is all the pets that have been spayed or neutered over the years per his instructions. Ouch!

He'll definitely be missed! He wasn't just the host of the show, he WAS the show! And his fear of Samoans is legendary!

MarkWK

Agent
I mostly remember Bob Barker from his show Truth Or Consequences. I used to watch that all of the time while growing up. Will miss you Bob. Have a great retirement....and spay/neuter those pets
)
Mark

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Just a brief return from my month or two message board hiatus, all four of them, but I had to comment on this.

Price was the first show I started watching regularly as a kid. At 4, being mesmerized by the lights and big wheel, then later on in life when I Was sick at home, and even later still, watching it during study hall or lunch at high school with my portable TV and a bunch of us crowded around it quietly cheering people on.

I have two CBS connections, and I'm going to lightly pester them like crazy to see if they can get me behind the scenes for Bobs last show for picture opportunities. Already saw it once two years ago for a Christmas show, but this is a TV Event that must be attended

Hmm... Charles Schultz passed the day after he retired, and after 50 years of working on the Peanuts. Lets hope the same doesn't happen to Bob after 50 years of TV.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, when I was a kid, both of my parents worked long hours and my brother and I would go to my grandparents every day (for the summer) - and every day at 11am, we'd watch The Price is Right while my grandmother prepared lunch.

Man, I remember re-enacting some of the games with my brother and another friend. It's funny how I fondly remember a game show like I remember Sesame Street.

Ok, who's gonna start singing "Memories"???

WadeLil

Stunt Coordinator

Dont feel too bad for those pets,they will get there revenge should they all meet up in heaven.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
els