What's new

dont buy denon receiver from etronics (1 Viewer)

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
they suck. "oh we take responsibility to anything that we sell, just send it back to us and we will fix it for you" bla bla bla bla. its been a few months, they even stopped giving me a reply.

To : "felix suwarno"

Subject : RE: REPSUW0110120SS

Date : Tue, 2 Apr 2002 11:54:50 -0500

Hello,

Please be advised that it has been repaired and should be shipping to you

shortly.

If you have any further questions or comments, feel free to contact us at any

time.

Regards,

Philip

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 2:11 AM

To: Customer Service @ etronics.com

Subject: RE: REPSUW0110120SS

how is my receiver???

>From: "Customer Service @ etronics.com"

>To: "felix suwarno"

>Subject: RE: REPSUW0110120SS

>Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 16:37:06 -0500

>

>Hello,

>As stated earlier, you will be notified once the receiving and inspection

>phase has been completed. Be advised, that Ronny is our warehouse manager.

>If you have any further questions or comments, feel free to contact us at

>any time.

>Regards,

>Philip

>

>-----Original Message-----

>From: felix suwarno [mailto:[email protected]]

>Sent: Sunday, February 03, 2002 12:58 PM

>To: Customer Service @ etronics.com

>Subject: RE: REPSUW0110120SS

>

>

>yea, but did you receive it? why cant you confirm it for me? i was

>wondering

>whether you got it or not, since the person who signed it ( RONNY ) doesnt

>mean anything to me. you havent even told me on what "phase" the status of

>my receiver is.

>

>DONT GIVE ME A PRE-SCRIPTED REPLY!! i have read that kind of reply twice.

>

>please tell me the STATUS of my receiver. thanks

>

> >Hello,

> >Please be advised, that once we do receive the returned object, it must

> >first be inspected. Once that is done, then all needed changes will be

>made

> >towards your account, and a replacement piece will be sent out to you.

>You

> >will be notified as each phase is finished. Please bear with us as this

> >process may take a little longer than normally expected.

> >if you have any further questions or comments, feel free to contact us at

> >any time.

> >Regards,

> >Philip

> >

> >-----Original Message-----

> >From: felix suwarno [mailto:[email protected]]

> >Sent: Friday, February 01, 2002 2:35 PM

> >To: Customer Service @ etronics.com

> >Subject: REPSUW0110120SS

> >

> >

> >i want to know the status of my receiver. it should have been arrived to

> >etronics.com last week.

> >

> >THIS IS MY THIRD FRIGGIN EMAIL TO ETRONICS CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

> >

> >ups tracking number is 1z59940e0327013743, using ups.

> >

> >Status: Delivered

> >Delivered on: Jan 25, 2002 10:52 A.M.

> >Signed by: RONNY

> >Location: RECEIVER

> >Delivered to: BROOKLYN, NY, US

> >Shipped or Billed on: Jan 22, 2002

> >

> >Tracking Number: 1Z 599 40E 03 2701 374 3

> >Service Type: GROUND

> >Weight: 33.00 Lbs

> >

> >you see that? now i am waiting for that receiver to be fixed. are you

>going

> >to fix it, or change it with a new one? either way, please send it back

>to

> >me with perfect working condition. i remind you, the rear right surround

> >channel didnt work at all, and i want it fixed.

> >

> >let me know when you are going to ship it back to me.

> >

StevenK

Second Unit
Well, that's the risk of getting a Denon or Yamaha from an unauthorized dealer. You did save a bundle by purchasing through ETronics versus your local boutique, so you're bound to have some loss in service. It sucks and I feel for you because I've been in the same spot. I wanted a Denon but couldn't find anywhere to purchase it online at a reasonable price. I could find plenty of unauthorized dealers willing to give be a big discount, but this was exactly what I was afraid of.

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
Felix,

Are you saying that you still haven't received the repaired receiver? The first e-mail listed was dated Apr. 2. Did you get it or are you just venting about the bad service communication (or lack thereof)?

Tony Meconiates

Stunt Coordinator
if they continue to jerk you around, ask for a refund and file a dispute with your credit card company. Then do business with an authorized dealer.

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
i still havent heard anything from them. i have been trying to contact them ( 3 times ) since last month, got no reply whatsoever.

Aslam Imran

Second Unit
Thats why I never buy online if it is more than a few hundred $$$. You never know when these things tank on you and you would be spending the time you could be spending enjoying your gear on e-mail/phone etc. Down with e-tailers. I like B&M stores that allow me endless auditionioning of gear and have good return policy. With e-tailers, once the money is out of your pocket there are no guaranty of what you will get into.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Felix,

Have you tried calling them? I've had great luck with them in the past. I ordered a Pronto which totally died after 3 months. I just called them up and they agreed to ship me a new one.

Guys,

The last thing Felix needs right now are a bunch of "I told you so" responses. This isn't a B&M vs. Online shopping thread. This could just as easily occured with a B&M shop.

Ned

Supporting Actor
This could just as easily occured with a B&M shop.

Not exactly true. If a B&M store stops replying you can go there in person and raise hell. When an etailer stops responding, you are screwed.

Jeremy Hegna

Supporting Actor
"This could just as easily occured with a B&M shop."
:confused:
That's a silly statement Camp. At least you know where the retailer is. Denon stands behind their "authorized dealers" and is very good about repairs and concerns if you purchase the product from them.
But I agree that hindsight is 20/20. For the non-authorized dealer bit from Denon, you sure don't see alot of these types of complaints from on-line customers. Even with the Denon 5800's purchased online, Denon is allowing the upgrade.
Jeremy

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
6TH AVE is a great authorized dealer. And call your credit card company and fill out the paperwork, then the BBB.:angry:

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
Of course, you realize that thousands of transactions have gone on, from online retailers, without issue. Six for me personally. So, I still know nothing of the "danger," other than the danger of B&Ms to my wallet.:)
But, at least, I know to avoid etronics. Don't give up, Felix.
Todd

Greg Br

Second Unit
I bought a receiver from them, it was worth the $400 discount, now am I going to by a $2500 receiver probably not, but $500 is about my e cut off from mass market etraders(different than say SVS or Swans Diva)

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
Not true, call 6th ave and get a low quote. E-mail me if you have any questions. But just call and get their real price.

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
ok, so is it time for me to call my credit card company now? i mean, i have been waiting for 4 months. is it ok or legal to do this at this point? what if suddenly they send it back to me?

DanaA

Screenwriter
First of all Felix, I really am very sorry to hear of what happened with your Denon...and I'm really pissed off at the treatment you received. I'm really hoping that etronics is a good company and this this is an unfortunate situation with them. I'm not the legal expert, but, if I were in your shoes, I'd probably contact the credit card company now. First of all, they would be able to give you advice in the matter. Secondly, the ball would be in etronic's court. I don't know how these things work, but if it is as I imagine and the credit card company transfers the money back into your account, I would try to shut them out of the picture as much as possible. In other words, even if they suddenly became responsive with the return of your Denon, I wouldn't accept it unless required to do so. I'd keep the money instead and try to find a dealer, online or otherwise, that I felt more confident about. You might also try to get through to a higher up at etronics and explain how you've been treated in this matter. In the past, when I've done this, matters usually, but not always, get resolved immediately to my satisfaction. ;) ;) ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks