What's new

Donnie Darko DTS? (1 Viewer)

Rob Leland

Auditioning
I spied a copy of Donnie Darko on Ebay last month, and in the photo, it was depicted as an "Enhanced DTS" version? I have not been able to find anything out there, on any other region DVD. Any ideas? Was this some sort of odd one-off? Suggestions to find said DVD? I am all ears.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
eBay Rule #904032312: If you see a DTS version of a DVD you've never seen in DTS before and the seller claims it is a Region 0 or 1 disc, it's a bootleg.

DJ

Rob Leland

Auditioning
I agree, and there is no precedence for believing a fellow ebayer, but he did post that it was not a bootleg. Argh.

Eric Brunton

Agent
Yeah, it's a bootleg. Just check out how many DTS versions of Scarface came out on ebay (before the re-release this year), this is the reason I don't shop on ebay anymore.

Simon Caleb

Stunt Coordinator
It may be a copy off of the Dutch region 2 release which is in English DD 5:1 & DTS & a wonderful release it is too!

I'm pretty sure it's been released elswhere in Europe with an English DTS track, but of course they will all be in PAL format.

Rob Leland

Auditioning
Thanks Simon. That makes the most sense to me. Sadly, I will have to wait. I imagine a wait of infinity is what is in front of me as well. Oh well.:frowning:

AllenZ

Auditioning
No DTS version of DONNIE DARKO is available as yet. However, AIN'T IT COOL NEWS stated that DONNIE DARKO will be released as a Director's Cut very soon! The DVD release may include a DTS Track.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks