What's new

Donnie Darko 4-Disc Limited Edition (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

brap

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alisdair Edwards
I'm one of the few who likes both cuts, although I understand why people dislike the "Director's Cut" compared to the original theatrical cut due it being overly explanatory.

What intrigues me is that via the supplements on the new Arrow Blu-ray, it's revealed that the version that actually originally premiered at Sundance ran 122-minutes, so it's kind of an "in between" cut. I'd REALLY love to see that version! I wonder if that cut would bridge all divides.

I wish that existed on disc. While I did love some changes in the Director's Cut like the song and sound choices, I find that he went too far.
The less explanation the better. A little mystery without becoming a nonsensical mess adds so much value to a film by giving you something to continue to ponder and discuss. The shot of the theater marquee displaying "The Last Temptation of Christ" was enough of a clue.
The same goes for so many other Director's cuts like Alien and The Exorcist. Really good, but this or that was a little to far in tinkering.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks