Donna Summer, Universal partner for single

Discussion in 'Music' started by Brandon Gantt, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Brandon Gantt

Brandon Gantt Second Unit

Donna Summer, Universal partner for single
    (Reuters, Saturday July 16)

NEW YORK (Billboard) - Donna Summer has entered a one-off deal with Universal for her new single, "I Got Your Love."
    Beginning July 26, the track will be available for digital download at iTunes. "I Got Your Love" was written by the singer and Bruce Roberts, a longtime friend and collaborator of Warner Music chief Edgar Bronfman, Jr.

Summer, who is spending the summer on tour, is in discussions with labels to secure an album deal.

Official Donna Summer Website

2. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    I saw her felate a microphone once at a live show. Does she really need an album or album deal at this point? She's too far downstream from me anymore...

3. Paul Anthony

Paul Anthony Stunt Coordinator

Huh? That's your opinion, and I don't recall Donna felate a microphone when I saw her in concert. None of today's singers can hold a candle to Donna in talent.

It's all a matter of packaging, these days.

4. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    Paul, I don't dislike Summer at all. It's just she's been around so long and I'm no longer excited about her. I saw her before she cleaned up her bad girl ways, proably about 1979-80.

5. Alan_Horner

Alan_Horner Stunt Coordinator

I did my duty as a Donna Devotee and downloaded "I Got Your Love" from iTunes today. Not her best, but not her worst either. I'm guessing there are some remixes on the way which might pump up the music a bit.

Go. Download. Now.

After all, it only costs $0.99.

6. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

how long you've been out doesn't really make a difference if the music's still good. People like Streisand and Cher have a decade on Donna as a recording artist and they both still have a lot of people who are excited with each passing album. I've liked a lot of Donna's recent one-off tracks, it's time for a new studio album instead of yet another Greatest Hits package (she has more GH albums than studio albums at this point) just to showcase one or two new tracks.

7. Alan_Horner

Alan_Horner Stunt Coordinator

Of course, first will come the Greatest One-Off Hits compilation! [​IMG]

8. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

I think if she's going to release another Greatest Hits, I'd love to see an "On The Radio 2" and collect the hits from 1980-2004, she has had more post-disco hits than credited for.

9. Paul Anthony

Paul Anthony Stunt Coordinator

FYI, Donna Summer has just released another greatest hits package titled "Gold" not too long ago, and it's great, but the songs have been re-mastered so that's even better! [​IMG]

Donna will be performing in my hometown, August 21st of this month...I am so psyched!! I also heard that she will be performing songs from her "Once Upon A Time" album in her new tour, she hasn't performed those songs in ages.