What's new

dongle free multi region xbox dvd player (1 Viewer)

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
You will need a mod chip to run it (unfortunately), so yes, the warranties are void.

-Dave

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I don't think it is related to the Datel release, and I wouldn't be suprised if that release date gets pushed back. It's been delayed more often than the Buffy game. ;)
I'd be more suprised if it gets released at all....
-Dave

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Did some digging, seems you're right, DaveF. It looks like a "Homebrew" application that's regionfree etc.

Hmmmm.

hwshi

Stunt Coordinator
there are some very cool tapps coming out on the homebrew front.a little bit of searching will give you a lot of results.these kids are GOOD.i am presently playing quake2 in hd and on-line on my xbox..unfortunatly i don't have the reset hack yet to use the above new software.

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
bah. still waiting for a DVD RegionX type product. I play region 2 dvd's maybe 5 times a year - I'd happily relagate my JVC multiregion player to the bedroom for a new Pioneer or Sony and use my Xbox for multiregion...

Don Black

Screenwriter
So does the XBOX play both NTSC and PAL DVDs? Meaning, if I get a mod chip, will I be able to play both NTSC and PAL DVDs from any region? Or just NTSC DVDs from any region? Thanks.

Leo

Second Unit
The mod chip is pretty cool. I got mine done a week ago and love it. I have 1 system which plays my fav arcade titles (via MAME), SNES, NES, TG-16, Atari 2600, SMS, Genesis and Xbox games. Also it has the Region-free DVD player controlled by the Xbox controller.

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
did you do the mod yourself or did you have3 it done?

I'm reticent to open up my xbox and do a mod, as the only thing I want is multiregion DVD.

hwshi

Stunt Coordinator
there's supposedly a non soldering mod coming.if not, unless you are very good at soldering get someone who knows what they're doing to do it for you.amazing what is already available when modded.
however if you plan to have xbox live things are still up in the air as too what will happen.i personally think m$ will just check for original games,if anything.
enjoy the labour of the young guns,impressive.
hwshi

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks