Done with my mini-sub project!! Pics!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by SteveSpoon, Mar 15, 2005.

1. SteveSpoon

SteveSpoon Stunt Coordinator

Finally finished my remaining Dayton 8" Sub project. 3/4" MDF with cherry vinyl. Second sub veneer job came out better since I didn't "wrap" the vinyl, but used the razor knife to cut the individual sides. I think it came out better than the first one that I "wrapped". Corners aren't "tight" on that one. Oh well. Was fun building them and they sound good.

[​IMG]

2. SteveSpoon

here's another pic:

[​IMG]

Thanks for the advice with this project.....now, it's time to finally tackle the 12"DVC!! Whooo hooo!!!

Steve

3. Jason Dalton

Jason Dalton Stunt Coordinator

Whats the net volume? What are you powering them with? etc...

4. James W. Johnson

James W. Johnson Screenwriter

Are those some Yamaha and Bose speakers I see sitting on top of some JBLs? [​IMG]

5. SteveSpoon

I can't remember exactly what the measurements were, but right around 8" or 9" per side. Pretty small box. Got the specs off the PartsExpress web page.

Right now I'm using an old Technics SA-810 receiver, but if I push the speakers a little hard, the amp, for some reason, will heat up and shut down. At low listening levels, it will play all day, but that takes a lot of the fun out of it!! [​IMG]

Yeah, yeah, I know............my speakers blow. Bose 301, yamaha cheapo 3 ways, and JBL CF-120's. I really need to make a serious change with these things.

Steve

6. Jason Dalton

Jason Dalton Stunt Coordinator

They look nice, though your amp probably can't handle powering a dual 4 ohm load with much power. Great excuse to buy a sub amp!

7. Nat Ward

Nat Ward Agent

They look great! Which model did you use, if you don't mind me asking? I'm slowly working on a set of Tang-Band 871s and this might be a fun little addition to help on the low end. Looks like a fun little project.
    Nat

8. SteveSpoon

Thanks a lot!! Yeah, they sound good...........would sound better if I could get some decent power behind them, though.

Parts express 295-545. 50 bucks a piece. They have the plans right there on the web site as well. [​IMG]

Steve