What's new

Donated cadavers blown up in military experiments (1 Viewer)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/South/03/....ap/index.html

I can understand the military wanting to use human remains in their research, but I don't agree with using the remains for military experiments without the consent of those who donated their bodies to science. Having your corpse blown up in land mine tests is a far cry from having it used for cancer research.

It would be much more appropriate to use the remains of military personal either killed in action or later deceased - with their consent, and with compensation to their families - than civilians who expect their remains to be used to further medical science. These people have already sacrificed themselves for the military, and this final jesture could help save the lives of other service personnel.

Furthermore, why should a distribution service make $40,000 per cadaver when the families of those people gave the bodies up for nothing, and the university that supplied them paid for their redistribution? I'm sure many civilians might be persuaded to donate their bodies for military experiments if it meant their families would be taken care of as a result.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
That is wrong from so many points of view...

I've toyed with the idea of donating my body to science, provided I can choose the way in which it'll be used (i.e. I'm not thrilled with the idea of ending up naked on a slab for medical students to poke around.)

And if this middleman from hell is making $40k per body, then I should very much like next of kin to see some of that money. It's only fair.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks