What's new

Donald Duck in Mathmagic Land ? (1 Viewer)

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Is Donald Duck in Mathmagic Land contained on any dvd in any region? I thought it was rumored last fall to be out this spring or summer but if it is, I'm not aware of it. There was an exceedingly rare Japanese laser disc that was very expensive whenever a copy become available on Ebay. I know there is this enhanced teachers classroom edition http://dep.disney.go.com/educational...VL00&preview=y but it's $59.95. I'd rather avoid that price if I could.

So - does anyone have the lowdown on this short?

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
They sent me a free VHS tape of this back in 1993 as an apology for not releasing a letterboxed (and uncut) VHS tape of "Aladdin". I gave 'em the finger anyways :) since by then I'd gotten a laserdisc player and had to put up with their ridiculous delaying policy with LD releases.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I'm sure it will end up on the final Chronological Donald volume, much in the way that Disney finished up MMiLC with A Mickey Christmas Carol and Runaway Brain.

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
I'm 44 and I saw this at least twice while in grade school. Of course, then it was a film. I always enjoyed it. I just showed that clip to my 13 year old and 9 year old. My 13 year old said she saw it during school this year.

I remember the pool (billiards) demonstration where Donald is taught (using math) where to hit the rails for a bank shot. I remember thinking I could now become a great pool player. Of course, that never happened. LOL

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I've had the videotape for years, and will just have to be satisfied with that until Disney adds it to one of the Donald DVD sets.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Personally I'd rather see it in it's complete form (attached to "An Adventure in Color") on a Walt Disney's Wonderfull World of Color set.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
This is now Available on DVD in the USA as an exclusive to Disney Movie Club Members (like Duck Tales Treasure of the Lost Lamp). I'm ordering it right now and can't wait to get it. I imagine it'll show up on ebay very soon, I just got the mailing that included it yesterday.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
I joined the club this morning, ordered it (along with a few other titles), put in my credit card info and sealed the deal.... and so far, I've heard nothing. No confirmation email, nothing, zip (a-dee-doo-dah, har har). I tried to log in tonight, but the site doesn't recognize my email address. Hopefully I'll hear something tomorrow....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.