What's new

Pre-Order Don Knotts 5-Film Collection (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Randy, I don't know where you got these for $9-$10 each - Those that have seen release other than The Ghost and Mr. Chicken have been $18-$22 everywhere I've looked since their release. The Ghost and Mr. Chicken regularly sells for $10 and less. I don't mind double-dipping on that one to get the other 4. I've put off purchasing the other 3 titles that've been available because of their price thinking that eventually they would do this release. I'll absolutely be making a purchase.
I went back and checked what I paid on amazon on release it was only Ghost and Mr. Chicken that was $9 the other 3 were $13.99 I guess they went up after release. They should at least release The Love God as a stand alone.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I'll be buying this as I am a huge fan of Don Knotts, but I hope there are some good extra's or new transfers to warrant repurchasing four of the five films.
Same transfers as they were just done by Universal a few years ago. No report on extras yet. Probably not. So not worth a repurchase just for The Love God imho.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I went back and checked what I paid on amazon on release it was only Ghost and Mr. Chicken that was $9 the other 3 were $13.99 I guess they went up after release. They should at least release The Love God as a stand alone.
That's still a very good price. Had I seen those 3, at the time, new ones for that price I know I'd have jumped on them! Being from Universal I was quite surprised they stayed at the ~$20 price so long and are only just now being collected.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well, Shout! Factory is now showing the extras:

Bonus Features​

• Don Knotts Guest Stars On The Red Skelton Show: "Deadeye And The Gunslinger"
  • Trailers From Hell: The Ghost And Mr. Chicken And The Love God?
  • Theatrical Trailers For Each Film
  • Image Gallery
  • TV Spots
  • Savings Bond PSA
  • Radio Spots

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Well, Shout! Factory is now showing the extras:

Bonus Features​

• Don Knotts Guest Stars On The Red Skelton Show: "Deadeye And The Gunslinger"
  • Trailers From Hell: The Ghost And Mr. Chicken And The Love God?
  • Theatrical Trailers For Each Film
  • Image Gallery
  • TV Spots
  • Savings Bond PSA
  • Radio Spots
Not much different than the single releases. Definitely not worth a double dip.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Not much different than the single releases. Definitely not worth a double dip.

Not much, but depending on the street price it might work for me since Mr Chicken is the only one I ever bought. I never could find the Universal MOD for under $15-16 ea and I'm just not a big enough Don Knotts fan to pay much more than the 8-10ea. Mr Limpet is by far my favorite Knotts film along with Apple Dumpling and I have both of those. <$25 for the set would be my hope during a Shout Sale. It looks like it's already low 30's at DD.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
The only way i would get this set is if i got it really cheap. I have all but the one title on blu ray. With not much for extras for the new set there isn't much incentive to double dip.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
This set is included in Target's current B2G1 free sale:

It's $20.99 + tax after the promotion when purchased with 2 identically priced titles.

albert_m2

Second Unit
Real Name
Albert
This set is included in Target's current B2G1 free sale:

It's $20.99 + tax after the promotion when purchased with 2 identically priced titles.
That is tempting. I need to take a look at a Target order. I have actually spent a lot this week, so I may hold off on this title until a little later on.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
I recently received the Don Knotts 5 Film Collection Blu-ray Shout Factory set. I got mine from Amazon Canada and spent a little more than you guys are finding stateside. Mine was $44 Canadian, about $35.50 American. But with Prime I actually got it a day before street.

I love these films, having previously had the set on DVD. I only had The Ghost and Mr. Chicken on Blu, and I held off getting the Universal Blu's of the other 4 films because of cost. Sure glad I did, as this new Shout 3 disc Blu-ray set is excellent, bonus features and all in one very nice HD set.

Not on Blu, but with another funny man multi-disc release, I also received the new July Paramount DVD Jerry Lewis Twenty Film Collection, 20 films on 15 discs. I previously owned the latter 9 Jerry Lewis solo films on DVD and Blu, but missed out on getting these 11 Dean Martin/Jerry Lewis films in the older (2002?) two volume releases. So, at a bargain price you can get many of the best Martin and Lewis films, long out of print, in this one nice package. Their last four films together were all VistaVision productions, so I would hope a few of them might get the HD treatment in a 'Paramount Presents' release.

Last edited:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I received my set from AmaZon today and for those who are not aware, this is a three disc set. How to Frame a Fig is by itself. TG&MC & TRA share one disc and TSGiTW & TLG share another disc.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Andy Griffith S01E20 Andy Saves Barney's Morale-4.jpg

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I received my set from AmaZon today and for those who are not aware, this is a three disc set. How to Frame a Fig is by itself. TG&MC & TRA share one disc and TSGiTW & TLG share another disc.
I was surprised to discover this - but I'd also not really looked at the disc count first. It doesn't affect quality any - at least as far as I can determine. I watched The Ghost and Mr. Chicken and The Reluctant Astronaut and think both look very good. Definitely an upgrade from the DVD.

ScottHM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
Yes, I was disappointed that each film isn't on its own disc, but the picture quality seems OK.
---------------

albert_m2

Second Unit
Real Name
Albert

I appreciate the heads up, but I'll never understand the endless creation of acronyms of titles. Even with this set, it totally throws me off and I have mentally translate. I just don't understand. I don't say this to attack the comment as it's just an example of a widespread thing for movie and tv related forums... I about get a headache when someone lists their James Bond movie rank in all acronyms...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks