What's new

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
9DC9AFC6-7039-4275-BBFD-01D7D352760C.jpeg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

albert_m2

Second Unit
Real Name
Albert
This is a pleasant surprise. I know some of the titles were on blu before (I even have my favorite, The Ghost and Mr Chicken on blu), but great to see.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Yeah this is a waste. Most who wanted these bought the single releases of the 4 best films when they were released for $9-$10 dollars each 3 years ago. I would like to have the Love God on Blu Ray but not when I have to rebuy the other 4 films to get it. A definite Pass. Unless you want all 5 films its still much cheaper to buy the individual releases.

albert_m2

Second Unit
Real Name
Albert
It's not a waste if you don't have them. Most of the titles are $20 right now Amazon. I wouldn't have even thought that these would ever be on blu ray had I not seen Ghost and Mr Chicken at a Best Buy a few years ago.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Have the earlier releases of these from Universal,except Love God. If there are some commentaries and special features i will double dip. Otherwise i'll pass.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Randy, I don't know where you got these for $9-$10 each - Those that have seen release other than The Ghost and Mr. Chicken have been $18-$22 everywhere I've looked since their release. The Ghost and Mr. Chicken regularly sells for $10 and less. I don't mind double-dipping on that one to get the other 4. I've put off purchasing the other 3 titles that've been available because of their price thinking that eventually they would do this release. I'll absolutely be making a purchase.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Randy, I don't know where you got these for $9-$10 each - Those that have seen release other than The Ghost and Mr. Chicken have been $18-$22 everywhere I've looked since their release. The Ghost and Mr. Chicken regularly sells for $10 and less. I don't mind double-dipping on that one to get the other 4. I've put off purchasing the other 3 titles that've been available because of their price thinking that eventually they would do this release. I'll absolutely be making a purchase.
I remember The Ghost and Mr. Chicken was one of those 8 buck Best Buy exclusives for a while, when they still did that sort of thing around 2016. Never saw the rest.

But, since Shout is packaging them all together for a decent price, I'll buy as well.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'll be buying this as I am a huge fan of Don Knotts, but I hope there are some good extra's or new transfers to warrant repurchasing four of the five films.

ScottHM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
Yeah this is a waste. Most who wanted these bought the single releases of the 4 best films when they were released for $9-$10 dollars each 3 years ago.
I didn't, and now the individual blu-rays are $19.99 on Amazon so this is a welcomed release.

---------------

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I’ve never seen any of these but lately I’ve been on a vintage space movies kick - is Reluctant Astronaut generally well liked?

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
How did SHOUT! end up with these - you'd think with KL having the Universal Deal, they would have grabbed these....

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I’ve never seen any of these but lately I’ve been on a vintage space movies kick - is Reluctant Astronaut generally well liked?
Comedy is very subjective, as @Robert Crawford has stated on this forum many times. The Reluctant Astronaut is a favorite from my childhood. If you didn't see it as a kid or if you are not really into the early 60's space program, I'm not sure if you would like it. I always enjoy Jessie White and it is interesting to see a comedy where Leslie Nielsen plays it straight.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I’m so very into the early 60s space program and I’m one of like two people in the world that thinks Disney’s Moon Pilot is a great film, so… I’m definitely going to at least rent this - thanks!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I don't think I've ever seen The Reluctant Astronaut or The Love God? but I saw the others as a kid so I plan to get this at some point. I've seen The Ghost And Mr. Chicken a few times through the years and I still find that one to be fun. I think my enjoyment of Don Knotts on The Andy Griffith Show and Three's Company and having seen some of these movies as a kid means that I'll probably enjoy all of them.

roxy1927

Screenwriter
Real Name
vincent parisi
Moon Pilot was a real disappointment when I saw it on TV. I was expecting some sort of space adventure and it was anything but. However I'll snatch up a blu-ray copy if one comes out and I'll get this box set. Don't have any of them but they were an important part of 60s family culture. Despite the assasinations and the war it was easy as a child to keep yourself in a suburban bubble. Maybe the last time.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Another bizarre picture choice on the front page, a still from "The Andy Griffith Show" promoting the Don Knotts film collection. No one could find a single pic from any of the five Don Knotts films to attach to this thread?

1629299484304.png

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Another bizarre picture choice on the front page, a still from "The Andy Griffith Show" promoting the Don Knotts film collection. No one could find a single pic from any of the five Don Knotts films to attach to this thread?

View attachment 109314

I’ll fix that. The person doing this is not researching the titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cescobianchi
Recent bookmarks