What's new

Don Cherry's Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Hockey (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member

This should be on DVD!

:)

Don't tell me I was the only 8 year old out there who owned every single VHS volume...

I used to watch these every weekend with my friends, constantly rewinding jumping around the room and shouting at plays in between mouthfulls of Kraft Dinner... it was a religious ritual, sort of like Wrestlemania and Saturday morning cartoons.

It'd be fun to see these again in a 2-disc DVD collection.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Wow, I haven't seen that cover art in at least 15 years. lol. I'd love to see this series released. Mind you, he's produced at least 14-15 of these now, in addition to a new volume every year. It'd be a hell of a DVD set, especially to see some classic hockey from the 80s. I have no doubt that a set such as this would sell pretty damn well.............in Canada at least.

RossH

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ross Hudgins
Yeah, I have that one, and more than a few others...that one where he raps is something else!

Are there not some Don Cherry DVD's out there? I realize Volume One isn't, but I think 13 or something has a double pack.

"Who's the best I often ponder, right now it's Stevie Wonder (Yzerman)...let's go! Let's go!" - from Volume 6, I think. :D

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
hahah I remember that one where he raps!

I used to play hockey in a league that had a day camp also during the summer and we'd watch these all the time after practices while we ate lunch, they were great.

I didn't know any were available on DVD, but I'd only be interested in the first few volumes... I don't even follow hockey anymore but it would be fun to see these again.

I guess this seems to be a Canadian thing by the looks of this thread..

:D

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
We Detroiters who grew up with CBC Windsor also have an appreciation for Mr. Cherry's work. A lot of Americans don't realize that Charles Barkley is merely the Don Cherry of basketball. :)

Regards,

dave wright

Agent
Real Name
Dave Wright
don cherrys contract is up at the end of this season,but i dont think his leaving is a sure thing.Don has come out and said hell retire bsfore he works for a network other than the CBC.I had don and ron maclean sign my rock em sock em dvd during the finals here in new jersey a few seasons ago:) he also gave me a trademark:emoji_thumbsup:

----Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks