What's new

Dolby Vision TCL 6 Series Issue (1 Viewer)

Wes K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Wesley
I have a Samsung UBD-K8500 4K bluray player connected to my TCL 55R615 with an amazon basics HDMI 2.0 cable. Both have the newest software version.

Playing The Matrix 4K bluray and the Grease 4K bluray, both encoded with Dolby Vision, only the "HDR" icon pops up in the corner.

In the TCL picture settings I have the option of turning on or off the "HDR and Dolby Vision icons." From that I assumed that there are separate icons for each version of HDR.

Is there a certain configuration of the settings on either device I need? (I've tried tons of different settings) Or is there actually only an "HDR" icon that serves both HDR10 and Dolby Vision?

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
The 65” version I have shows a Dolby Vision pop up when content has that. Does that player actually support DV, or just HDR?

Wes K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Wesley
The 65” version I have shows a Dolby Vision pop up when content has that. Does that player actually support DV, or just HDR?
I spoke to Samsung and they never said it wasn't compatible but I assumed it was. I was on the phone for a good 30 minutes with them having me try different settings and never did they even on propose that it didn't support DV

xx Brian xx

Second Unit
Real Name
Brian
Nothing from Samsung does Dolby Vision. None of their TV's or blurays.

You would have to buy a Dolby Vision capable bluray player from Sony or LG.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks