1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Dolby Vision TCL 6 Series Issue

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Wes K, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Wes K

Wes K Stunt Coordinator

Wesley
    I have a Samsung UBD-K8500 4K bluray player connected to my TCL 55R615 with an amazon basics HDMI 2.0 cable. Both have the newest software version.

Playing The Matrix 4K bluray and the Grease 4K bluray, both encoded with Dolby Vision, only the "HDR" icon pops up in the corner.

In the TCL picture settings I have the option of turning on or off the "HDR and Dolby Vision icons." From that I assumed that there are separate icons for each version of HDR.

Is there a certain configuration of the settings on either device I need? (I've tried tons of different settings) Or is there actually only an "HDR" icon that serves both HDR10 and Dolby Vision?

2. Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss Producer
    Reviewer

Neil Middlemiss
    The 65” version I have shows a Dolby Vision pop up when content has that. Does that player actually support DV, or just HDR?

Osato likes this.
  3. Wes K

Wes K Stunt Coordinator

Wesley
    I spoke to Samsung and they never said it wasn't compatible but I assumed it was. I was on the phone for a good 30 minutes with them having me try different settings and never did they even on propose that it didn't support DV

4. xx Brian xx

xx Brian xx Stunt Coordinator

Brian
    Nothing from Samsung does Dolby Vision. None of their TV's or blurays.

You would have to buy a Dolby Vision capable bluray player from Sony or LG.