What's new

Dolby True HD with Batman Begins and Matrix. (1 Viewer)

JMoore

Auditioning
Real Name
James Moore
I have a Denon AVR4308ci receiver paired with a Panasonic Bd30.
Every BD movie i have that has a Dolby True hd track is displayed on my receiver.
Batman begins and the Matrix movies do not, I made shure that i selected the true hd track. Comes up as Dolby digital on my receiver. Does this meen that my receiver is only outputting the Dolby digital track?

Guy Martin

Second Unit
Not sure about The Matrix, but Batman Begins defaults to the lossy Dolby Digital track. You have to manually switch to the TrueHD track using the pop-up menu.

- Guy

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
For all BD-Java encoded discs you have to have the SECONDARY AUDIO option OFF in the player's firmware in order to bitstream the full TrueHD audio. If you're getting the button sound, which is secondary audio, you know your secondary audio is on.

bruceport

Auditioning
Real Name
bruce
I have a Onkyo TX SR-805 and I have the same problem. The second audio is turned off, and the right sound track is selected....I tested the reciever with the Godfather Blu-ray disk and the TrueHD indicator lights up, and goes away when I select a different sound track. It does not light up for the TrueHD sound track when it is selected on the new Matrix Blu-ray. The sound does seem to change, however.....any ideas out there?

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I tried Batman Begins last night and ran into the same problem -- it appeared I was only getting the DD5.1 track. My setup includes a Sony BDP-S350 player and Pioneer Elite 94TXH receiver. I have secondary audio turned off, and made sure I selected the Dolby TrueHD track from the menu. I have successfully played other Dolby TrueHD discs on this setup.

I have no idea what may be wrong.

Bob-ATL

Stunt Coordinator
I had the same problem with The Matrix set. Secondary audio was off and did not get TRUE HD to display when I selected it. Upgrading Panny BD30 firmware to latest version solved the problem.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I am running the latest firmware on my Sony BDP-S350. I'll try The Matrix to see if I experience the same issue. I didn't have the new Elite receiver when I originally watched that disc.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I was mistaken in my case. I tested both The Matrix and Batman Begins again, and the display does in fact change when I switch tracks -- it's just very subtle on the Pioneer's display. For the DD5.1 track, the display shows the Dolby symbol + D + DPLIIx, while with the TrueHD track it reads Dolby symbol + HD + DPLIIx. The reason I didn't notice this was that The Nightmare Before Christmas displayed as Dolby TrueHD. That package indicates it has a 7.1 track, while the others have TrueHD 5.1 tracks, which must explain the differences on the receiver's display.

I've only had this new 94TXH receiver a week, so please forgive my error.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks