What's new

Dolby Pro Logic (1 Viewer)

Marc*F

Stunt Coordinator
Do many people use Dolby Pro Logic to convert stereo signal to multi channel? Does it do a decent job? Is Dolby Pro Logic II much better?

Marc*F

Stunt Coordinator
So alot of people use Dolby Pro Logic to watch TV and watch stereo source DVDs? Do people find the original stereo to be sharper as opposed to Dolby Pro Logic taking over and splitting the signal?

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
There is still tons and tons of 2 channel material out there. Broadcast TV, movies and of course, music. There will still be a need for a 2 channel matrix-based surround mode for years to come.

Dolby Pro Logic II is, to my ears, much better than regular Pro Logic. It does a better job of immersing you in the soundfield. Plus the rear channels are full range stereo. Old PL used a mono signal to the rears that was both bass and high frequency limited.

If you have a lot of 2 channel music, DPL II has a Music mode available. Depending on your taste, it can really bring 2 channel music to life. I use it from time to time and am really pleased with it.

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
Yeah, I use it all the time when watching movies on TV that are broadcast in stereo and also to watch old VHS tapes encoded with stereo or Dolby surround sound tracks. Works like a charm. Some stereo broadcasts and tapes come over better than others. And yes, Dolby ProLogic II works a lot better than the plain old ProLogic. I watched my old VHS copies of "The Thing" and "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan" over the weekend, and was amazed at the way the ProLogic II on my Sherwood receiver processed those old Dolby Surround soundtracks.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks