What's new

dolby pro logic II when listening to FM radio? (1 Viewer)

Naddy

Grip
Hi all,

I was just messing around with the sound modes on my receiver, and I noticed that if I use the receiver tuner to listen to FM radio and set the sound mode to dolby pro logic II, I don't really hear anything coming out of the right and left suround speakers in a 5.1 setup, is that normal?

Also, what setting should you use on your dvd player for the sampling frequency of the audio signal, 48kHz/16bit or 96kHz/24bit?

Thanks for the info!

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
If the radio station is broadcasting a true 2 channel stereo signal, then you should get something from the rears. But if the program is mono (or poor stereo), then you migh not get much from the back.

As for your other question...what is your receiver capable of decoding? If it is rated as 96/24 for it's digital to analog converters, you're good to go with that. If you don't see anything like 96/24 anywhere then stick with 48/16.

Marty Neudel

Stunt Coordinator
Naddy,

in general, PL2 Music Mode seems to extract mainly ambient info(echoes) from the music, rather than distibuting the voices around the 5 speakers (although, that does occasionally happen).

Marty

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks