What's new

Dolby Pro Logic II Music... Whats your take on it? (1 Viewer)

Natelabo

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, everyone I was just wondering what everyone thought about DPL2? So far I have been auditioning it with my new DA1ES and don't know what my take is on it yet. Any one got some good music suggestions? Thanks.
-nate

francisco-a

Agent
I bought my center and surround speakers (cheaps) because I wanted to hear how DPLII sounds and for DVD also, im using Onkyo TXDS494 receiver with JBL n38 as mains, and have found hat some music sound very "fun" with DPL, but some others that you can´t it´s wierd. SO just have fun listen to some different artist, but live music sound great on it-

Erik_C

Stunt Coordinator
I don't care for it. Maybe that's because I'm not used to having music come from all around me unless it's in a movie, though.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
I think, for the most part, that its terrible. I never realized until just about 6 months ago that I am a 2 channel guy at heart. Yeah I like surround (the 5.1 variety, not DPL) but when I really want to take in the music I'll put on 2 channel stereo.

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
At first I thought it was ok, but now that I have multichannel SACD and DVD-A, I prefer redbook cds in 2 channel plus my sub. Some music blends well, most sound hollow. I alsoo find that some rear effects cut in and out. I do prefer to use DPLII Music mode for satellite, local, and vhs watching.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks