What's new

Dolby-pro logic and Dolby Pro-logic II (1 Viewer)

Raymond lee Leggs

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Raymond Lee Leggs
:Does dolby PL and PL II silmulate surround from a 2 channel Analog source?
For some reason it's not happening.

Sat/cable
DVD 2ch Anlg
GAME

DSP MODES? I can't get them to activate.

EQ, Rock, flat, R&B ETC.

Surround Modes, Stereo,Pro-logic, PL II, Dolby Digital ETC,

I am sure I have all the speakers hooked up.

All speaker levels are set to 10+

Or worse a new receiver may be in order, I was looking at several in my price range anyway.

F*CK I might have to buy a new sub! Wait I saw a used "8" powered sub

I did see a DVD/AM/FM receiver combo that may work for now, I don't need reference levels because my parents will tell me to TURN IT DOWN!

Scott Kriefall

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
Yes, Dolby Pro-Logic and Pro-Logic II(x) simulate surround from a 2-channel source. If you cannot activate these modes, then perhaps your receiver is actually receiving a pseudo-5.1 Dolby Digital signal from your source. I'm referring to a signal that is physically 5.1, but which carries content in only two of the channels. This is seen as a 5.1 source (because it is), and further processing will generally be unavailable. This is quite possible with the digital output from a cable/sat box, but should be much less likely with DVD playback...

Another possibility is that you've physically connected all of your speakers, but haven't told the receiver that you have 5 speakers.

Raymond lee Leggs

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Raymond Lee Leggs

Knowing me your most likely right time for a DVD player with an optical (an ebay seller told me he got 5.1 from the oprical input with his dvdP with the same, but not mine receiver that I own)
My Current DVDP Does not have an optical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn35
Recent bookmarks