What's new

'Dolby Digital Ready' amplifier or receiver? (1 Viewer)

Stasulos

Stunt Coordinator
Can anybody recommend any good 'Dolby Digital Ready' amplifier or receiver below $350?

The idea is that I don't need the full-featured receiver because the DVD-player has the built-in decoders, so it' might be cheaper just to get the 'Dolby Digital Ready' amplifier.

Yogi

Screenwriter
I dont think they make them anymore. Unless you can find a used one from the old prologic days. These days however you can find a DD/DTS equipped receiver for under $200, new, so I don't see you'll save much by buying a used DD ready receiver.

Pablo Abularach

Supporting Actor
I think your best option will be a Pioneer VSX-811, it does have a Dolby digital and DTS decoder, but you can buy in on the net for $300, and it do have 6.1 capability for DTS-ES and DD-EX, so it is a very good receiver for the money.

Stasulos

Stunt Coordinator
I dont think they make them anymore. Unless you can find a used one from the old prologic days. These days however you can find a DD/DTS equipped receiver for under $200, new, so I don't see you'll save much by buying a used DD ready receiver.
Ok, I see. What's the point of making DVD players with built in decoder if one still needs a separate receiver? Seems kinda stupid to pay for redundant equipment.

Pablo Abularach

Supporting Actor
Stasulos,

Ok, I see. What's the point of making DVD players with built in decoder if one still needs a separate receiver? Seems kinda stupid to pay for redundant equipment.
You are right, but lets say you still have a Prologic or Dolby Surround A/V receiver that you bought a couple of years before, and you dont like to invest in a new reciever. You can easily go just for DVD with built decoder and you are set. Most people doesnt use any more a DVD as decoder.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks