Dolby Digital EX problems

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Tom-CA, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Tom-CA

Tom-CA Auditioning

I have a 6.1 Onkyo TXSR600 with a JVC XV M567 DVD...for some reason I do not receive any rear center signal for DD EX...I do for DTS-ES
    Is it my older DVD player?
    It states on it Dolby Digital and DTS but nothing about EX or ES

2. douglas-b

douglas-b Stunt Coordinator

Douglas Berry
    It wouldn't be the DVD player. Your reciever states it decodes both of those formats... "The TX-SR600 6-channel A/V Receiver adds rear-center surround capability with a sixth amplifier channel, and Dolby Digital EX and DTS-ES decoding. The unit also features sophisticated HDTV capable 50 MHz component video switching, improved digital processing for the left and right speaker channels, an on-screen display, and improved bass management for digital signals. Many of the latest DVD releases contain Dolby Digital EX and DTS-ES soundtracks, which include a center surround channel for 6.1 surround sound. The TX-SR600 is compatible with these new formats, as well as Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 encoded titles."
    I would reset the unit back to the origional factory settings and start over, calibrate with a SPL meter to make sure all speaker levels are the same.

3. Tom-CA

Tom-CA Auditioning

Thanks alot ..I just did that and all is fine!!!!

4. douglas-b

douglas-b Stunt Coordinator

Douglas Berry
    Glad I could help.