What's new

Dolby Digital 5.1 Creator (1 Viewer)

BrettV

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brett Voss
I couldn't figure out a place to post this. But when working on home projects, it'd be nice to use DD 5.1. I found out Dolby came out with Dolby Digital 5.1 Creator for home use. Anyone know where I can purchase DD5.1 Creator? I've been reading about it like crazy and can't seem to find where to get it at!

Brett

Mods -- if there's a better place to post question, my apologies.

erikCantu

Auditioning
It doesn't look like it is a stand alone app. More like technology that is licenced out to software developers to be incorperated into their software, almost like a plug-in.

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
On the other hand, you could go with some of the relatively inexpensive applications from Minnetonka Audio Software.

They have Dolby Digital encoders, DTS-CD, DTS-DVD, DVD-A, MLP, and others.

Note, I haven't used any of them, but they are relatively inexpensive.

Leo Kerr

AnitaPeterson

Stunt Coordinator
You mean want to get regular stereo sound and have it "split" into 5.1 channels in .ac3 (DD) format?

If you find such software, let me know as well... I'm curious...

SethH

Senior HTF Member
I'm guessing you don't own an Apple computer . . . but if you do, DVD Studio Pro has Dolby Digital and DTS encoding capabilities and is an all-around sweet program! (I don't own it, but I've used it in one of my university's editing labs)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks